This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Speed vs. Control for the razer Goliathus?

#1twinslashPosted 10/6/2013 10:28:40 AM
I was thinking about picking one of these up, but no where in town has them so I have no way to test the feel of each. I was just wondering from someone who has used both versions or has felt both of them.

Which version is more similar to the feel of a standard mouse pad? I like the feel of a standard mousepad but would like the size the goliathus extended offers, but didn't want to get one if the surface is a hard surface (such as the razer vespula, or the mouse pads that came with the WoW collectors editions)
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Elementastic/advanced
#2gastamanPosted 10/6/2013 10:30:32 AM
Neither Goliathus is a hard pad.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#3BomasaPosted 10/6/2013 10:47:16 AM
I owned a Goliathus Speed and didn't really like it ever since I switched out for my XTracPads XXL. It took me a while to find a mouse pad that I liked, the reason why I didn't like the the Speed is because they were small gaps in the fabric so the mouse feet doesn't have much friction when moving but my wrist would rub against it and it would annoy me. My brother owns the Control version and testing that with some games on his PC that pad feels like my mouse pad.

The only thing I would recommend is stay away from any mouse pads that have dark and bright colors on it because some mouse sensors have a hard time tracking. The one that comes to mind is the CM Spawn.
---
Steam ID: Bomasa
#4BomasaPosted 10/6/2013 10:48:33 AM
Also my XTRAC PADS Ripper XXL is a cloth pad.
---
#5BomasaPosted 10/6/2013 10:51:26 AM
Whoops!

Did some searching on Amazon for those 2 mouse pads and I switched the names for Speed and Control.

I meant to say that I have the Goliathus Control and my brother has the Speed version.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826999069
---
#6CaspernomnomPosted 10/6/2013 11:00:31 AM(edited)
I bought the speed and buddy bought the control version just one is a rough texture and the other is smooth not really a difference just the control has a bit of a drag on it because of the texture nothing special

been using it for about a 1 1/2 years