This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought bioshock for $13 bucks. Just about what I would pay

#11Riot55555Posted 10/6/2013 11:19:55 AM
If you do not find the story and themes, as well as the overall aesthetics, interesting you are probably a moron.
---
My competitive CS:S videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxqydBplX0&feature=channel_page&fmt=22
#12I_Am_On_FirePosted 10/6/2013 11:24:24 AM
I haven't finished yet (got a load of homework when I was halfway through and haven't been able to pick it back up again), but I've found it to be fantastic thus far.
---
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64
#13DragonRaizenPosted 10/6/2013 12:54:34 PM
KOTRwhoops posted...
The gameplay certainly let's the game down, although I still really enjoyed it. I was bored towards the end because the lack of variety with the fights and enemies. All it does is throws you into a closed arena and gives you some enemies to kill, this formula never changes and it soon gets old. The powers were a little unimaginative, unfortunately the gameplay hadn't moved on since the brilliant orginal and you could argue it took step backwards, not good enough seeing the orginal is 5 years old.

I still enjoyed BI, but it was a good game and nothing more.

While that is true, the number of elements you can juggle through these fights(Weapons, Vigors, Melee, Skylines AND Tears) made the whole experience really enjoyable. But yeah, I felt a little cheated by the E3 demo.
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#14AlleRacingPosted 10/6/2013 2:56:53 PM
Riot55555 posted...
If you do not find the story and themes, as well as the overall aesthetics, interesting you are probably a moron.

I would say the opposite. It would take a simple mind to find the story interesting.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#15GarhinderPosted 10/6/2013 3:11:01 PM
I feel you OP. It's another mediocre game with high production values.

AlleRacing posted...
Riot55555 posted...

I would say the opposite. It would take a simple mind to find the story interesting.

This. I was all right with the whole ultranationalist bunch of douchebags, but it went downhill fast.
#16DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/6/2013 3:12:12 PM
AlleRacing posted...

Please do go on. In spoiler text list more than 3 films/games that are even remotely close to the same story wise. Playing the game a second time shows just how many little things they accounted for that seemed strange the first time through. It WAS interesting, and very much so. Its not a game that screams replayability though. The gameplay was sufficient but nothing special. I had a blast using all the different vigors and not getting stuck with boring gameplay due to my own playstyle. When something started to feel bog standard, I'd change it up.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#17ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/6/2013 3:14:38 PM
The story was stapled together 6 months before the game came out, and it clearly shows.

If you think the story is good, then I really don't know what to say.
#18AlleRacingPosted 10/6/2013 3:31:00 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Please do go on. In spoiler text list more than 3 films/games that are even remotely close to the same story wise.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here. Are you asking me to list more than 3 things with a similar plot that did it better? Or are you just asking me to list 3 better written stories? The latter I can do with ease, the former seems like a stupid request.

I had a blast using all the different vigors

What do you mean, different vigors? 3 of them were practically identical, and 2 were received so late in the game that they were horribly underutilized. The Possession one was pretty limited, mechanically, and the Devil's Kiss was just a straight fireball like from previous games. The vigors were one of the weakest parts of the gameplay, the first in a long list of shortcomings.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#19NicodimusPosted 10/6/2013 3:34:17 PM
AlleRacing posted...
2 were received so late in the game that they were horribly underutilized.

That was a really bad design decision. By late in the game, you're not going to start levelling up a new power. You've already invested in the ones you got earlier.
---
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#20DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/6/2013 3:43:43 PM(edited)
AlleRacing posted...
The latter I can do with ease, the former seems like a stupid request.

How so? You don't find

Spoilers
Alternate dimensions and timelines interesting? Do you believe there is only one timeline and that such mechanics are 'copouts'? Just not sure how you find such content to be 'dull' and simple when its anything but.

As for the gameplay, it was tight. Running around the entire arenas using bucking bronco, opening rifts, all the while possessing patriots, charging into them like a badass after setting up a bunch of shock jockey traps was awesome. Then you steal the patriots gatling gun and go nuts while bouncing on and off hooks and rails. If you just sat behind a wall and took potshots at all the baddies with your weapons, its your own damn fault for finding it boring. Was it incredibly innovative? No but it didn't need to reinvent the wheel to be fun.

End of the day its you that missed out on the enjoyment and not me, so in that regard, I apologize.

Nicodimus posted...
AlleRacing posted...
2 were received so late in the game that they were horribly underutilized.

That was a really bad design decision. By late in the game, you're not going to start levelling up a new power. You've already invested in the ones you got earlier.

Agreed. You should have all powers by half way through a game everytime imo. Unless the last powers are op on purpose and there to give a feeling of badassery.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1