This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

State of Decay, The Dead Linger, or wait for the DayZ standalone?

#11HaxnStashPosted 10/6/2013 5:07:41 PM
IMO right now, State of Decay is the best. I wish it had more to offer though. It can be great if they release mod tools for the community to make it great.

Dead Linger has the potential to become good. As of now, I'm not bothering to get it yet. But it's something I have my eyes on. I'm really hoping it will become great.

Day Z, so far, I see it as a big death-match mode with zombies like someone here first said. I hope they do something that would prevent it from being just that. It has great potential if they force people to play nice with each other instead of encouraging killing each other.
#12lionheart5656Posted 10/6/2013 5:13:23 PM(edited)
Boge posted...
The Dead Linger is looking pretty darn bad. I was expecting something much much more. Seeing it on Steam for the Early Access though, I expected a much better showing. So if they're selling it for Early Access, it's probably nearing about what the were aiming for, which isn't very high.

State of Decay doesn't feel quite right to me. It's almost comical in a way, I'm not sure. It just feels off.

DayZ could be cool. The mod is interesting. Although ragers instead of slow and dumb zombies really kills those games for me, along with PvP.

To be honest, they all suck, and I'm still waiting for someone to do it the right way.

You have absolutely zero ZERO clue what you are talking about.

Dead Linger is around 30% done with most of the relevant features not even in place. Wow it's almost amazing how completely uninformed you are yet how much you speak like you have any idea what you are talking about.

http://www.thedeadlinger.com/roadmap

I could have gotten more accurate information on the game reading a hobo's sign near the freeway than from your post.

HaxnStash posted...
IMO right now, State of Decay is the best. I wish it had more to offer though. It can be great if they release mod tools for the community to make it great.

Dead Linger has the potential to become good. As of now, I'm not bothering to get it yet. But it's something I have my eyes on. I'm really hoping it will become great.

Day Z, so far, I see it as a big death-match mode with zombies like someone here first said. I hope they do something that would prevent it from being just that. It has great potential if they force people to play nice with each other instead of encouraging killing each other.

Won't happen. The developer has explicitly refused to make multiplayer more friendly because it goes against his "artistic vision".
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#13ghj1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 9:14:54 AM
So as of right now State of Decay is the best option? Is that what I'm seeing or am I misreading something?
---
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/iggysmartbomb.png
i5 2400 l Asus ENGTX 460 l HAF 912 l Gigabyte Z68 l 8GB G.SKILL RAM l 520w Antec HCG l SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB