This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows 8 boots in 2-3 secs after post....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 boots in 2-3 secs after post....
3 years ago#1
I just installed my old Intel SSD into my old rig that has Windows 8 pro installed. I'm surprised that it boots that fast and it's running on SATA II speed. I wonder why Windows 7 can't boot that fast?
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
3 years ago#2
Well my windows 7 is installed on an SSD so............
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
3 years ago#3
my windows 7 boots fast as hell if you don't count POST.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
3 years ago#4
My Windows 7 boots in under 20 secs on my new Samsung 840 Pro. Why? Well my HD DVD/BD-R drive needs to boot up first before letting windows finish booting. Too bad there is no fix for that (check the bios) other than replacing the disc drive.
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
3 years ago#5
Windows 8 boots up much faster even without an SSD. My computer boots in less than 10 seconds on a HDD after post.
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
3 years ago#6
In 3 seconds? I think you need to post a video of that, it takes my PC (Asus z87 pro based) at least 5 seconds to get past the bios.
3 years ago#7
I can tell you I also boot W8 on my ssd in 3 seconds. It's insane but true.
360 GT-TedNugent NRA Vita-iVitaKid
WiiU- Daddy_Kong
3 years ago#8
Windows 8 uses a hibernation system when you shut it down, that is why it boots so quickly, if you enable hibernation in windows 7 it will also boot faster.

Try restarting in windows 8, when you restart instead of shutting down it really loads everything when you boot, it will take longer, like windows 7 does.
Mystery is the source of all true science.
3 years ago#9
fatali posted...
if you enable hibernation in windows 7

Hibernation is enabled by default in Windows 7. It boots the same whether it is enabled or disabled.
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
3 years ago#10
You didn't quite understand. Win8 doesn't really shut down when you tell it to shut down. It goes into a deep hibernation instead. Restarting fully shuts the system down and reboots.

If you put a Win7 machine into hibernation, it's basically the same as shutting down a Win8 machine.
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 8 boots in 2-3 secs after post....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived