This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now i understand why do people hate Origin.

#1harcoreblazerPosted 10/6/2013 1:54:25 PM
I was downloading the BF4 beta, the download right now is at like 71%, but every now and then Origin suddenly stops the download.

What the hell EA?.
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#2d209999Posted 10/6/2013 1:59:11 PM
Yeah, you have no idea why people hate Origin.
---
*under construction*
#3Ragdoll47Posted 10/6/2013 2:04:57 PM
My car broke down once, now I know why people hate cars.
#4cuteboi100Posted 10/6/2013 2:06:13 PM
I love Origin, what are you talking about?
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#5rwfan2cPosted 10/6/2013 2:10:27 PM
I dislike Origin Just because it forces me to have another program on my computer for EA games...

Another programs that i have always had functionality issues with... and has less features than Steam.
---
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2, Bastion, Tera, Far Cry 3
"Demon's Run, When a Good Man Goes to War."
#6Kokuei05Posted 10/6/2013 2:11:41 PM
I have a problem with Battlelog's server browser. It literally starts up your main browser to start up the game; wasted resources that could be used on the game itself.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkbNvrzp9Zk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFC-I16ByiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cNMJVCcbUI
#7RoutineInsanityPosted 10/6/2013 2:12:39 PM
i;ve never had an issue with Origin. but i do prefer Steam
#8BogePosted 10/6/2013 4:48:39 PM
rwfan2c posted...
I dislike Origin Just because it forces me to have another program on my computer for EA games...

Another programs that i have always had functionality issues with... and has less features than Steam.

Agreed. Imagine what happens when all the publishers follow what EA has done. Do you really want 15 different clients on your computer for all your games? If not, you should NOT support EA in what they're doing with Origin. If it's successful for them, the others will follow and the gamers will suffer for it.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#9The Vic ViperPosted 10/6/2013 4:59:03 PM
Boge posted...
rwfan2c posted...

Agreed. Imagine what happens when all the publishers follow what EA has done. Do you really want 15 different clients on your computer for all your games? If not, you should NOT support EA in what they're doing with Origin. If it's successful for them, the others will follow and the gamers will suffer for it.

No, Stream being the sole source of downloaded games will hurt gamers. Maybe not today, but in the long run it will. Monopolies are never good for consumers.
---
~ The Vic Viper ~
"I have nightmares about hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you."
#10d209999Posted 10/6/2013 4:59:39 PM
Boge posted...
rwfan2c posted...

Your idea of suffering and mine are very different.

"It takes me two clicks to open Origin, and another two clicks to open Mass Effect 3!!!! MY LIFE IS OVER!!!!11!11!! TEH SUFFRING!!!!!111!!1!!"

I have Steam, Origin, GoG's downloader, and the Battle.net beta client all installed on my PC. I don't have uPlay, because Ubisoft hasn't given me a compelling reason to buy from them directly yet. If they do later on, I'll reconsider (perhaps with Watch Dogs).

If you don't want to install Origin because you take issue with EA's policies, or they simply don't have any games you want, I can respect that. But if your only reason for not installing another client is because "GLORY TO STEAM ONE CLIENT SHALL RULE THEM ALL PRAISE GABEN DEATH TO THE INFIDELS!!!!!!", I think that is just silly.
---
*under construction*