This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now i understand why do people hate Origin.

#11JudgmenlPosted 10/6/2013 4:01:54 PM
rwfan2c posted...
I dislike Origin Just because it forces me to have another program on my computer for EA games...

Another programs that i have always had functionality issues with... and has less features than Steam.

Yea and I dislike Steam because I need to install another program on my computer just to play the one Stream Game I have - Dota2.

And hell, I haven't played it since august.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://puu.sh/4AoGC.png - Opinions =/= Truth.
#12DerPancakePosted 10/6/2013 4:03:17 PM(edited)
The Vic Viper posted...
Boge posted...
rwfan2c posted...
I dislike Origin Just because it forces me to have another program on my computer for EA games...

Another programs that i have always had functionality issues with... and has less features than Steam.

Agreed. Imagine what happens when all the publishers follow what EA has done. Do you really want 15 different clients on your computer for all your games? If not, you should NOT support EA in what they're doing with Origin. If it's successful for them, the others will follow and the gamers will suffer for it.

No, Stream being the sole source of downloaded games will hurt gamers. Maybe not today, but in the long run it will. Monopolies are never good for consumers.

Yeah, what if Gabe dies from a heart attack, and the new CEO is the son Satan combined with Steam being the only service, it would be hell for everyone.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#13sonic_man00Posted 10/6/2013 8:26:00 PM
I'm getting it cause it has BF:1942 for free (Have the second one, not the first)So yeah. And The Old Republic for free.
---
PC > 360 > PS2 > 3DS > PSP > Wii
Windows 8/AMD Dual-Core E-3000/4 GB RAM/ATi Radeon HD 6310/320 GB HD
#14r7gerrabbitPosted 10/6/2013 8:50:17 PM
Boge posted...
rwfan2c posted...

Agreed. Imagine what happens when all the publishers follow what EA has done. Do you really want 15 different clients on your computer for all your games? If not, you should NOT support EA in what they're doing with Origin. If it's successful for them, the others will follow and the gamers will suffer for it.

Having multiple options is a GOOD thing. It drives competition and innovation. It forces companies to think fast and stay on their feet because they need to offer better service than the other guys.

One company controlling the entire market is never in a million years a good thing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#15_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/6/2013 9:26:34 PM(edited)
It is annoying that we need to run different applications for different games.

But people also need to wake up and realize that one dominant digital distributor is not in the best interest of the consumer. Steam was guilty of the same thing, making games exclusive to their service, before Origin ever was. In fact they take it a step further, since they also take popular 3rd party games like Skyrim and make it exclusive to Steam.

By the way, Steam also has a history of bogging down when there is a lot of traffic. We see it sometimes during big sales, or the release of popular games. The Skyrim release is an example. Generally, origin is alright when it comes to download speeds.

---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#16Shin_GallonPosted 10/6/2013 9:38:01 PM
d209999 posted...
Boge posted...
rwfan2c posted...

Your idea of suffering and mine are very different.

"It takes me two clicks to open Origin, and another two clicks to open Mass Effect 3!!!! MY LIFE IS OVER!!!!11!11!! TEH SUFFRING!!!!!111!!1!!"

I have Steam, Origin, GoG's downloader, and the Battle.net beta client all installed on my PC. I don't have uPlay, because Ubisoft hasn't given me a compelling reason to buy from them directly yet. If they do later on, I'll reconsider (perhaps with Watch Dogs).

If you don't want to install Origin because you take issue with EA's policies, or they simply don't have any games you want, I can respect that. But if your only reason for not installing another client is because "GLORY TO STEAM ONE CLIENT SHALL RULE THEM ALL PRAISE GABEN DEATH TO THE INFIDELS!!!!!!", I think that is just silly.

If Origin weren't objectively worse than Steam in literally every way imaginable you'd have a point.
#17DerPancakePosted 10/6/2013 9:40:46 PM
Shin_Gallon posted...
d209999 posted...
Boge posted...
rwfan2c posted...

"It takes me two clicks to open Origin, and another two clicks to open Mass Effect 3!!!! MY LIFE IS OVER!!!!11!11!! TEH SUFFRING!!!!!111!!1!!"

I have Steam, Origin, GoG's downloader, and the Battle.net beta client all installed on my PC. I don't have uPlay, because Ubisoft hasn't given me a compelling reason to buy from them directly yet. If they do later on, I'll reconsider (perhaps with Watch Dogs).

If you don't want to install Origin because you take issue with EA's policies, or they simply don't have any games you want, I can respect that. But if your only reason for not installing another client is because "GLORY TO STEAM ONE CLIENT SHALL RULE THEM ALL PRAISE GABEN DEATH TO THE INFIDELS!!!!!!", I think that is just silly.

If Origin weren't objectively worse than Steam in literally every way imaginable you'd have a point.

Origin uses less system resources than Steam, not like it matters anymore though, and it also has more AAA games.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#18Shin_GallonPosted 10/6/2013 11:49:27 PM
DerPancake posted...
Shin_Gallon posted...
d209999 posted...
Boge posted...
rwfan2c posted...

Origin uses less system resources than Steam, not like it matters anymore though, and it also has more AAA games.

I'm not seeing the "more AAA games" part. And it has a worse client, terrible interface and is generally worse all around. It's a **** service that should have been put down like a lame horse over a year ago.
#19d209999Posted 10/7/2013 4:08:38 AM(edited)
Shin_Gallon posted...
I'm not seeing the "more AAA games" part. And it has a worse client, terrible interface and is generally worse all around. It's a **** service that should have been put down like a lame horse over a year ago.

Worse client = subjective
Terrible interface = subjective
Generally worse all around = subjective
**** service = subjective

Objectively worse = Provable facts. You have not provided this.
---
*under construction*