This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xcom: Enemy Unknown questions..

#1rwfan2cPosted 10/6/2013 1:54:48 PM
Just Bought Enemy Unknown for 9.99... Best 10 Dollars i have ever spent.... couple questions though..

1. How Long is the Single Player? I Love it so far... and kind of don't want it to end..

2. How is the Replay Value?

3. Is The Multiplayer Fun?

4. Is there any progression in Multiplayer? I mean is there ranks or whatnot.. Idk but i have always liked the sense of Progression in my MP.

5. How much New Content does Enemy Within really add?

Thanks ahead of time for any Help!
---
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2, Bastion, Tera, Far Cry 3
"Demon's Run, When a Good Man Goes to War."
#2BogePosted 10/6/2013 1:59:01 PM
I can't answer all your questions. However, I know that with the Second Wave thing (not sure about it since I don't have the game), it has an option for a longer lasting game. I'm not sure how it works, but probably just draws out the progression of the game so you can't win it as quickly as regular.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#3VIP86Posted 10/6/2013 2:12:25 PM
Haven't played it in a long time, but the hardcore mode is pretty good, if you lose a player, you lose them forever, so there's more strategy involved. And there was also a mode where the campaign lasts longer.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750
#4ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/6/2013 2:15:08 PM
rwfan2c posted...
Best 10 Dollars i have ever spent

You must not buy games, then.

The new Xcom is dumbed down and very rigid compared to the original. It's a casual, easy game masquerading as something hardcore for people who don't know how to play games.

Take the original Xcom, rip 90% of the features out, slap a coat of paint on to it, add some glitches, and you have the new one.
#5rwfan2c(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 2:19:49 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...

Okay. Thanks for the help.
---
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2, Bastion, Tera, Far Cry 3
"Demon's Run, When a Good Man Goes to War."
#6Moorish_IdolPosted 10/6/2013 2:34:48 PM
I haven't played multiplayer, but I have gone through the single player multiple times. There are options like Ironman that you could try out for new playthroughs that add to replayability . Also there's two DLC currently available (and one coming soon) that are worth getting if you haven't already.
#7Bikes-Posted 10/6/2013 2:52:03 PM
rwfan2c posted...
Just Bought Enemy Unknown for 9.99... Best 10 Dollars i have ever spent.... couple questions though..

1. How Long is the Single Player? I Love it so far... and kind of don't want it to end..

2. How is the Replay Value?

3. Is The Multiplayer Fun?

4. Is there any progression in Multiplayer? I mean is there ranks or whatnot.. Idk but i have always liked the sense of Progression in my MP.

5. How much New Content does Enemy Within really add?

Thanks ahead of time for any Help!

1. Haven't actually completed a round so I don't know, but if you're iron maning you might have to restart anyway.
2. There's a number of options to change up the runs, it is meant to be replayed
3. Never played
4. See 3
5. New enemies, New items, 2 new types of soldiers (mecha and genetically modified regular soldiers) A new resource, a bunch of new maps both SP and MP. IIRC they're also rebalancing a lot of the base game.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#8KidIcarootsPosted 10/6/2013 2:57:42 PM
rwfan2c posted...
Best 10 Dollars i have ever spent

The new Xcom is dumbed down and very rigid compared to the original. It's a casual, easy game masquerading as something hardcore for people who don't know how to play games.

Take the original Xcom, rip 90% of the features out, slap a coat of paint on to it, add some glitches, and you have the new one.

Yeah, death to all those who aren't bitter about life and everything... Ugh!
#9ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/6/2013 3:00:07 PM
KidIcaroots posted...

I'm sorry you don't like the dark truth about your casual games. The smoking gun is that it was ported to Ipad. It's no better than Angry Birds, really.

No complexity, no complaints from casuals.
#10SpazH3dPosted 10/6/2013 3:04:07 PM
KidIcaroots posted...

I'm sorry you don't like the dark truth about your casual games. The smoking gun is that it was ported to Ipad. It's no better than Angry Birds, really.

No complexity, no complaints from casuals.

I'm sorry you can't enjoy a game that is clearly very good and fun. If you want a proper X-com sequel then travel back in time and replay the old ones.

That hardcore/casuals thing is really getting old by now.
---
- My vision is augmented