This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this a goof monitor for PC and console gaming?

#1XxTwisted26xXPosted 10/6/2013 6:38:58 PM
My friend is selling it to me from best buy for 150$.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236307

I was looking at this as it has 2 HDMI cables for PC and console.
---
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
"When you play the games of thrones, you win or you die. Theres no middle ground" - Cersei Lannister to Eddard Stark
#2BogePosted 10/6/2013 6:44:49 PM(edited)
What's the problem? The 3 current systems out have HDMI output. It will connect perfectly. On the flip side, most current video cards have an HDMI out as well.

I have a monitor with HDMI and I have my PC connect through it with HDMI and have my sound through the built in speakers. I've also hooked up my PS3 to it many times and played at friends houses.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#3XxTwisted26xX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 7:49:53 PM
I meant "good" haha. I mean, is a PC monitor good for console gaming (because I know TVs arent good for pc gaming) and is this a good PC monitor in general? I was looking at this one as it has 1ms speed and 1920x1080 HD. Also I dunno if ASUS is a good brand or not, only have gotten samsung and LG
---
"When you play the games of thrones, you win or you die. Theres no middle ground" - Cersei Lannister to Eddard Stark
#4XxTwisted26xX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 9:58:31 PM
Any other thoughts on this monitor?
---
#5BogePosted 10/6/2013 10:04:54 PM(edited)
Asus has kind of become the go to brand for most users with their monitors.

I think it's a killer monitor. I have a lower end Asus with built in speakers. I've used it for my PC gaming and console gaming and it's worked wonderfully. It has one strange quirk though, and I'm not sure if that monitor will have the same or not. My monitor is 1080p, but for some reason when I try to play a PS3 game with the system set in 1080p, it doesn't work. I have to manually disable 1080p in the console and run everything 720p. It still looks just fine though.

Yes, I'd recommend that monitor to you for PC and console use.

Don't expect much from the speakers, although they are 2 watt speakers, so they might not be too bad.

I actually use my built in speakers for primary use (I'm not real picky on my booming sound), and my monitor has 2 watt speakers as well. I personally think they sound quite good for built in speakers. They crackle and hiss when volumes get loud, but I'm not deaf, so I don't need to loud. Works just fine for me, and if not, I have headphones or a 7.1 surround sound stereo I could use if I want.

I'd go for it if I were you. I think you'll be satisfied at the least.

Oh, here is the one I have been using for the past 2 years now. It's been perfect.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#6XxTwisted26xX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 10:05:46 PM
Boge posted...
Asus has kind of become the go to brand for most users with their monitors.

I think it's a killer monitor. I have a lower end Asus with built in speakers. I've used it for my PC gaming and console gaming and it's worked wonderfully. It has one strange quirk though, and I'm not sure if that monitor will have the same or not. My monitor is 1080p, but for some reason when I try to play a PS3 game with the system set in 1080p, it doesn't work. I have to manually disable 1080p in the console and run everything 720p. It still looks just fine though.

Yes, I'd recommend that monitor to you for PC and console use.

Don't expect much from the speakers, although they are 2 watt speakers, so they might not be too bad.

I actually use my built in speakers for primary use (I'm not real picky on my booming sound), and my monitor has 2 watt speakers as well. I personally think they sound quite good for built in speakers. They crackle and hiss when volumes get loud, but I'm not deaf, so I don't need to loud. Works just fine for me, and if not, I have headphones or a 7.1 surround sound stereo I could use if I want.

I'd go for it if I were you. I think you'll be satisfied at the least.

Oh, here is the one I have been using for the past 2 years now. It's been perfect.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051

Thanks for the input! Now to look for some decent not too expensive speakers :D
---