This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What exactly is the objective difference between an 800dpi mouse...

#1Linctagon7Posted 10/6/2013 9:02:40 PM
And a 2000-5000dpi mouse set at 800dpi?

It's the exact same number, correct? What exactly would the difference be there?
#2KafferbokjaPosted 10/6/2013 9:24:37 PM
It no difference. Same thing. 800dpi is 800dpi.

Dpi don't even matter for play games as much. High dpi all it do is make smaller movement of mouse translate in bigger movement of pointer. If you have low dpi mouse like 800 you move a bit before cursor jump to next pixel. Of you have very high dpi you only need small movement make it jump.

People they often not understand what dpi do. Act like it make pointer more accurate. It don't. Mouse on PC always move one pixel minum. No matter how good mouse you have smallest you can make it move is one pixel on scree, same for 800dpi or 5600dpi. Same in games. You see like a control is very smooth movent even smallest movemnt is smoothe because it use accelorate. Mouse smallest movement is single pixel jump.

End of the day dpi not make big difference accuracy or smoothness because of how mouse work on PC. Only thing it affect is speed and sensitivity.

800dpi mouse is fine. Buy cheap 800dpi one it will fell the same as gaming mice on 800dpi setting.
---
english is not my language so relax
#3AlleRacingPosted 10/6/2013 9:55:58 PM
Reading that post was like listening to Tom Hanks in Cloud Atlas.

That said, having higher DPI combined with a lower pointer speed in the control panel can lead to high accuracy with the same overall movement speed.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#4ZeraphLordSPosted 10/6/2013 10:02:17 PM
if the native sensor resolution isn't a multiple of your chosen dpi, it uses interpolation to estimate movement

5600 / 800 = 7 = OK
5000 / 800 = 6.25 = interpolation

AlleRacing posted...
That said, having higher DPI combined with a lower pointer speed in the control panel can lead to high accuracy with the same overall movement speed.

using any setting but the default windows speed causes loss of 1:1; use 6 ticks

section 1.2
http://www.overclock.net/t/173255/cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#5_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/6/2013 10:11:19 PM(edited)
800 DPI is 800 DPI.

DPI is not as important as a lot of people think. There are other characteristics of the sensor, particularly lift off distance, max tracking speed, whether there is prediction and acceleration, that are more important.

Some of the best players in the world, in the games that are most mouse/accuracy dependent play on just 400-600 DPI. This includes f0rest, get_right, and Neo, but also players like Spawn and Heaton when they were active. In other words, those who compete at the highest level of competitive gaming hardly pay it any mind, and keep it low because they play on low sensitivity (In CS:GO with windows setting 6/11 typically between 1.5 and 3.5 ingame setting, so their DPI has to be low).

DPI is not completely useless, but it is mostly a number they can put on the box to sell mice. Because there is such an emphasis on DPI in the marketing of these mice, there are a lot of people that really believe a higher DPI has a significant impact on the accuracy of the mouse. Using windows sensitivity setting to adjust for the sensitivity when the mouse is set to a high DPI actually leads to a loss in accuracy compared to just decreasing DPI. Some newer mice have as much as 8.200 DPI, which is kind of ridiculous. Some poor kid is playing Counter Strike or some other FPS with max DPI wondering why everyone has a better aim than he does.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#6KafferbokjaPosted 10/6/2013 10:08:33 PM
First we must know what is dpi.

Look dpi section this link.

http://www.overclock.net/t/951894/the-truthful-mouse-guide

Dpi and accuracy have zero relation. Like I said, mouse move in pixels. Same speed, same pixels moved. If they make mouse that move between pixels then truly can be claimed "more accurate".

Dpi is speed and sensitivity. Not accuracy. Maybe you are more accurate with more sensitivity, but still does not make actual pointer any more accurate or precise or fluid.
---
#7BlutonicPosted 10/6/2013 10:08:55 PM
AlleRacing posted...
Reading that post was like listening to Tom Hanks in Cloud Atlas.

^This
---
"I'm glad I'm not friends with any of you in real life." -All Star : GameFAQs in a nutshell
#8Linctagon7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 3:59:00 AM
Thanks for the input Zeraph, Kaffer and Grim. I guess I'll roll with my 800dpi mouse for a bit longer. I play at lower sensitivities anyway so I'm good.
#9thatfool12GsPosted 10/7/2013 4:15:36 AM
Kafferbokja posted...

Dpi don't even matter for play games as much. High dpi all it do is make smaller movement of mouse translate in bigger movement of pointer. If you have low dpi mouse like 800 you move a bit before cursor jump to next pixel. Of you have very high dpi you only need small movement make it jump.

People they often not understand what dpi do. Act like it make pointer more accurate. It don't. Mouse on PC always move one pixel minum. No matter how good mouse you have smallest you can make it move is one pixel on scree, same for 800dpi or 5600dpi. Same in games. You see like a control is very smooth movent even smallest movemnt is smoothe because it use accelorate. Mouse smallest movement is single pixel jump.

End of the day dpi not make big difference accuracy or smoothness because of how mouse work on PC. Only thing it affect is speed and sensitivity.

800dpi mouse is fine. Buy cheap 800dpi one it will fell the same as gaming mice on 800dpi setting.

Translation please.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#10KafferbokjaPosted 10/8/2013 11:18:14 AM
thatfool12Gs posted...
Kafferbokja posted...

Translation please.

JOU ma.
---