This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Losing my mind trying to calibrate this Hanns-G LED monitor.

#1Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 10/6/2013 9:06:43 PM
I've been doing it for hours now, and now I can't tell what looks good anymore. o_o
---
www.youtube.com/knightsaziel I do videos of Final Fantasy XIV, and more in the future.
#2SpacewhizguyPosted 10/6/2013 10:03:13 PM
Anything more than a very quick, basic calibration is pointless unless you have one of those $200+ calibration tools.
---
What's a sig?
#3ZeraphLordSPosted 10/6/2013 10:16:41 PM(edited)
Just get the gamma correct, and set the color bias and whitepoint roundabout your eye's color adaptation in the room where your monitor is situated. It'll change as the day progresses, anyway.

Edit: getting perfect white is practically impossible, given how sensitive your eye can be to small biases. I use a slight warm bias. At night it's calibrated to appear white under a warm white halogen.

I only use my monitor for viewing purposes, so all I care about is that it's not too far away from the color my eye would adapt to anyway.

This is the gamma pattern I use, and there's an article on his site with more information.
http://www.photoscientia.co.uk/2point2.htm
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#4Ame_no_Murakumo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 7:11:15 AM
ZeraphLordS posted...
Just get the gamma correct, and set the color bias and whitepoint roundabout your eye's color adaptation in the room where your monitor is situated. It'll change as the day progresses, anyway.

Edit: getting perfect white is practically impossible, given how sensitive your eye can be to small biases. I use a slight warm bias. At night it's calibrated to appear white under a warm white halogen.

I only use my monitor for viewing purposes, so all I care about is that it's not too far away from the color my eye would adapt to anyway.

This is the gamma pattern I use, and there's an article on his site with more information.
http://www.photoscientia.co.uk/2point2.htm

Thanks.
---
www.youtube.com/knightsaziel I do videos of Final Fantasy XIV, and more in the future.