This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What great FPS RPGs do you recommend?

#11ExWeaponPosted 10/7/2013 4:28:47 AM
Dead Island & it's sequel: Riptide. Glitches are everywhere but it's a lot of fun with friends and the mix of Melee and gun combat and its upgrade & modding is addictive. It's also challenging, if you like that. It plays a lot like BL1&2 with the looting and quests you take on. I'd recommend getting them if they're cheap though. 10-15$ is a good price for each.

If you're a zombie fan, buy them, NOW!
#12shaun239Posted 10/7/2013 6:12:00 AM
Get out of here STALKER!
---
"Justice is done! Well, not justice, but what I want, which is pretty much the same thing."
#13McDoodPosted 10/7/2013 12:11:23 PM
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

These are the best you'll get. Ignore people whining about graphics.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/whipper raptr.com/Whipper
#14Po-RayuPosted 10/7/2013 1:11:07 PM
^Post Above This One^
---
27" 2012 iMac | 3.4 ghz i7 Quad Core | 2 GB Dedicated Graphics Card | 32 GB Ram | 3 TB Fusion Drive
#15clowningPosted 10/7/2013 1:34:53 PM
Many of the games posted are actually TPS, not FPS. So...Deus Ex, if you can get past the graphics.

While not strictly FPS, it FP: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. That game is so good. It's a shame we don't have more games built around that style of gameplay.

Mount and Blade is TP, but has great combat.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#16NingishzidaPosted 10/7/2013 11:04:22 PM
McDood posted...
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

this is the list I would have typed, although it's more accurate to just call thefirst two "FP" RPGs, as FPS is only one (possible) major aspect and is misleading.

eg., DEx can be played entirely melee, pure stealth or demolitions; SS2 entirely by psionics, hacking/stealth.

Bloodlines can also be played melee, unarmed or thaumaturgically. Toreador with maxed celerity and auspex is sick for FPS side, though.

STALKER with OGSE is more of an RPG than Bethesduh's demented casual attempts since Oblibious (lol this gen of gamers are a laughing stock), thanks to variety of and transmutation of artifacts which have profound effects on survivability in certain environments (Deus Exish) and more pronounced pros and cons of armors and weapons. It's also the best SP FPS experience ever.

Barker's Undying can also be mentioned, since Skyrim is laughably and unashamedly being mentioned. I'd call it more FP than RPG, but it isn't pure FPS due to magic use.

Wizardry 8 is also first-person and can't be called anything other than a solid RPG, however it's age is showing more than many of it's contemporaries because 3d.
#17TimePharaohPosted 10/7/2013 11:56:03 PM
claytonbuckley posted...
Deus Ex, but if you are like me and can't get past the horrible looking graphics, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Also Skyrim, If you use a bow it's a shooter :P

You should probably stop gaming, thanks.

ExWeapon posted...
Dead Island & it's sequel: Riptide. Glitches are everywhere but it's a lot of fun with friends and the mix of Melee and gun combat and its upgrade & modding is addictive. It's also challenging, if you like that. It plays a lot like BL1&2 with the looting and quests you take on. I'd recommend getting them if they're cheap though. 10-15$ is a good price for each.

If you're a zombie fan, buy them, NOW!

*Throws up in mouth*
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#18heeeee1eeeeePosted 10/8/2013 12:28:09 AM
I second Mount and Blade: Warband
I spent more time on that game with the prophesy of pendor mod than skyrim
---
Who Need's A SigNaTuRe !
#19_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/8/2013 12:54:20 AM(edited)
I think Bioshock infinite might count as much as an FPS RPG as some of the other game mentioned in this thread. It has a strong focus on the narrative, on leveling up items and gaining new abilities, and there is some exploration that you can do.

Though it is not really an FPS RPG of course, but is has certain elements of RPG that you might enjoy if this is what you like in a game.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#20TimePharaohPosted 10/8/2013 6:43:00 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I think Bioshock infinite might count as much as an FPS RPG as some of the other game mentioned in this thread. It has a strong focus on the narrative, on leveling up items and gaining new abilities, and there is some exploration that you can do.

Though it is not really an FPS RPG of course, but is has certain elements of RPG that you might enjoy if this is what you like in a game.

MuhammadJA posted...
What great FPS RPGs do you recommend?

---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png