This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Packard Bell iXtreme 6523 - Any good for gaming?

#11MadPinoRagePosted 10/7/2013 6:02:26 AM
Wow, I haven't heard the brand Packard Bell in a long time.
---
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein
#12JockoPosted 10/7/2013 6:20:24 AM
MadPinoRage posted...
Wow, I haven't heard the brand Packard Bell in a long time.

Yeah I thought this was a joke topic when I read that and was expecting to see a Cyrix CPU listed.

But yeah if it's not free then don't bother with it. Too much would have to go into it on top of the initial cost.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#13Deaths_Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 6:21:34 AM
JowyBlight posted...
Don't get that, why would you ever want years old crap for 200 quid. You're better off searching for a decent refurb from this year from Dell or something or put together a decent machine now (mobo + CPU) and add a better GFX card later.

Perhaps. I'll have to consider it. I really want to do some computer gaming, but don't want to spend alot right now. Any suggestions? I can't find anything obvious on their website.

chrono625 posted...
If you're unemployed then maybe you're better off not buying anything right now and getting a job first.

Yeah, unfortunately jobs aren't so easy to come by.
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#14x_stevey_xPosted 10/7/2013 6:38:57 AM
please TC i know you're convinced that your relatives pc is good and that you must buy it.. but do not. it is a huge rip off. that and your relative should not be charging you that much, if at all for it. do not feel bad in turning him/her down. make it known to them it is not worth that much, and tell them to sell it to another sucker on craigslist
#15Deaths_Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 7:01:16 AM(edited)
x_stevey_x posted...
please TC i know you're convinced that your relatives pc is good and that you must buy it.. but do not. it is a huge rip off. that and your relative should not be charging you that much, if at all for it. do not feel bad in turning him/her down. make it known to them it is not worth that much, and tell them to sell it to another sucker on craigslist

Oh no, I'm not convinced that it is good, nor do I have a problem turning them down. I want to build a gaming computer, but don't want to spend the money right now, so I'm trying to find a way to do it cheap. As I only really want to play Witcher 2 et al, I don't need something super-powered to do it.

Edit: However, any money spent now is money wasted for when I build something better. Annoying as heck.
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV