This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is youtube such a piece of crap?

#61R i c kPosted 10/7/2013 3:00:32 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Even more fun is that now they've linked your Youtube account with your G+ account, which I, for one, did/do not want. You don't even get the option not to (or if you do, someone tell me how).

You never get the option not to do something with Google, you can only sometimes temporarily delay it. Like when they switched to the unified channel appearance everyone hates, you could opt out of it for awhile but then they forced everyone. Then when they switched to the list format for your subscription page, for awhile you could use the old grid format if you had a direct URL bookmarked but they recently got rid of that, too. Now they want your name to be the same between you YouTube username, YouTube channel name and Google+. For now it's letting me click an X to get reminded later but I'm well aware that will be forced before long. It's rather annoying for me since I don't want my username to be the same as my YouTube channel name. Currently you can set a custom channel name but they want to do away with that. So annoying.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#62steveboblarryPosted 10/7/2013 3:04:56 PM
SpazH3d posted...
YOU TELL EM GURL!

I've seen way worse players though. On some news sites.

---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#63Killo500Posted 10/7/2013 3:30:36 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
I've found it randomly switches to the html5 version and that's when it seems glitchy.

Youtube mobile is really bad right now. Way to much stuff to just watch youtube videos. And they got rid of the auto full screen on landscape.
So now you have to tap each video once to show the full screen button, then tap it again to actually get full screen.

Boo hoo. You have to tap a touch screen TWICE. People need to stop complaining at such stupid first world problems.

Also, this is a forum for video games. Why are you complaining about Youtube? I have no issues with it whatsoever, so you obviously haven't considered the possibility that your hardware is crap.
#64KillerTrufflePosted 10/7/2013 3:35:43 PM
Killo500 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
I've found it randomly switches to the html5 version and that's when it seems glitchy.

Youtube mobile is really bad right now. Way to much stuff to just watch youtube videos. And they got rid of the auto full screen on landscape.
So now you have to tap each video once to show the full screen button, then tap it again to actually get full screen.

Boo hoo. You have to tap a touch screen TWICE. People need to stop complaining at such stupid first world problems.

Also, this is a forum for video games. Why are you complaining about Youtube? I have no issues with it whatsoever, so you obviously haven't considered the possibility that your hardware is crap.

Actually, this is a form for computers (specifically PC) in general, including ALL elements related to PC. There is no restriction to just gaming. A topic about Youtube belongs here much more than your worthless post.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#65yattahazePosted 10/7/2013 5:02:33 PM
Killo500 posted...

Unless you've almost starved to death or had a gun to your head, every single thing you have ever complained about is a first-world problem.
---
Michael: You're losing blood, aren't you?
GOB: Probably, my socks are wet.
#66Treason686Posted 10/7/2013 5:06:36 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
Can they not make a video player run properly? Its the worst I have ever seen. Any other site has this down flawlessly but if you look at the largest video site in the world this thing is atrocious. I think Google cares more about changing the looks of the site instead of fixing the player itself.

Works fine.
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#67Treason686Posted 10/7/2013 5:07:48 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
It works fine for me.

For some reason when I had AT&T as an ISP it never worked right. Videos would just stop buffering.

So you have never or seen these issues?

1. video re downloads on full screen
2. videos re downloads itself when you try to go to a certain point in a video
3. Video freezes at a point but the audio keeps going

1. No.
2. No. Unless I go past the buffered portion, of course.
3. No.

I think your issues are local.
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#68Oakland510_Posted 10/7/2013 5:47:12 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/114002

Among a few other browser add-ons.

Is this safe to use? And does it solve all the problems that s***ty ass youtube has with the re buffering, etc.?
#69Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 6:06:42 PM
Treason686 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
It works fine for me.

For some reason when I had AT&T as an ISP it never worked right. Videos would just stop buffering.

So you have never or seen these issues?

1. video re downloads on full screen
2. videos re downloads itself when you try to go to a certain point in a video
3. Video freezes at a point but the audio keeps going

1. No.
2. No. Unless I go past the buffered portion, of course.
3. No.

I think your issues are local.

I don't think so
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#70JKatarnPosted 10/7/2013 9:56:04 PM
Youtube is undoubtedly the most popular video streaming website in the world - which of course entails a HUGE demand on their servers at all times. While it's far from perfect, you really can't compare some other random video site to Youtube as they probably don't have 1/10th the demand placed on their servers that Youtube does at any given time.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES