This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enlighten me here.

#1Orestes417Posted 10/7/2013 1:57:44 PM
At what point did "I'm a casual" become an excuse for running around like a twit, ignoring any and all nominal goals of team based games and willfully degrading the experience of others?
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#2Ch3wyPosted 10/7/2013 1:59:02 PM
November 2006.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3HydroCannabinolPosted 10/7/2013 2:00:03 PM
Some people just wanna jump in and do what they want on BF4 and not listen to others. Part of freedom.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#4Orestes417(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 2:05:20 PM
Yes, but specifically what is it about "being casual" makes them think that's an excuse for being an anchor? I'd literally have more respect for them if they straight up said they woke up and felt like being a waste of flesh today than sullying the name of casuals
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#5LazyyAmericanPosted 10/7/2013 2:07:46 PM
Lmao....who'd of thought there would be mutiny within the ranks of casuals.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#6BeefCastlePosted 10/7/2013 2:13:52 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Yes, but specifically what is it about "being casual" makes them think that's an excuse for being an anchor? I'd literally have more respect for them if they straight up said they woke up and felt like being a waste of flesh today than sullying the name of casuals

How dare they sully the good name of casuals.
---
I climb mountains and I'm never wrong.
#7TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 10/7/2013 2:17:29 PM
They probably did it to troll idiots that take games too seriously.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#8BogePosted 10/7/2013 2:19:53 PM
A "casual" gamer is one that doesn't really care whether they're good or bad, whether they succeed or fail. They only care about jumping in, having some fun, and leaving the game.

So when someone is yelling at you in a game, telling you what to do and how to do it, "I'm a casual" might not be such a bad answer. It's a way of saying,"I don't care to help you win. It's not important to me. Leave me alone."
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#9BuburibonPosted 10/7/2013 2:24:28 PM
Orestes417 posted...
At what point did "I'm a casual" become an excuse for running around like a twit, ignoring any and all nominal goals of team based games and willfully degrading the experience of others?

I'm sorry, that's exactly what I did last night while benchmarking BF4. Wasn't in for the game at all, but just running around aimlessly while evaluating my PC's performance.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#10KillerTrufflePosted 10/7/2013 2:30:12 PM
"casual" != "troll"

Sounds like someone just got the two confused.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23