This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Enlighten me here.

#11KillerTrufflePosted 10/7/2013 2:32:55 PM
Boge posted...
A "casual" gamer is one that doesn't really care whether they're good or bad, whether they succeed or fail. They only care about jumping in, having some fun, and leaving the game.

So when someone is yelling at you in a game, telling you what to do and how to do it, "I'm a casual" might not be such a bad answer. It's a way of saying,"I don't care to help you win. It's not important to me. Leave me alone."

Your definition of casual is fairly accurate - they don't care much about their own skill, just about having fun. However, as soon as you add the bonus of them intentionally degrading the experience of others in the game as part of their "fun," they become a troll, not a casual.

Also, casuals really have no place in competitive multiplayer games. Newbs are one thing - you can't expect every new player to be highly skilled. But people who don't care and just want to mess around should simply not be joining more serious online games. Find a casual server to screw around with if that's what you want.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#12Orestes417(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 2:53:38 PM(edited)
I can respect people who jump in and want to play but sincerely aren't very good. I can't respect people who are politely asked to attempt correct their issues who respond "Yo bro, I'm casual"
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#13Moorish_IdolPosted 10/7/2013 2:46:44 PM
How dare people have fun. Don't they know video games are very very serious?!?