This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to run PCSX2 on an AMD processor

#1RixxellPosted 10/7/2013 1:44:40 PM
Hi, I have a laptop running an AMD e-350 1.60 ghz processor with W7 and 4gigs of RAM. I have been trying to get PCSX2 to run on it for some time. I already know that I won't experience the best I can, but really all I want is 50 FPS so I can have a decent picture and I can't even squeeze more then 35. I don't really know my way around setting up these things, so if it is able to run at even close to a level I ask I don't know how to set it up.

Granted my computer is 3 years old at this point and I am not in the market for something new, but I am curious if it could even be possible on this computer or if I truly am out of luck when it comes to this. The game I'm trying to play is FFX if it really matters.
---
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
#2SinisterSlayPosted 10/7/2013 1:46:06 PM
Rixxell posted...
Hi, I have a laptop running an AMD e-350 1.60 ghz processor with W7 and 4gigs of RAM. I have been trying to get PCSX2 to run on it for some time. I already know that I won't experience the best I can, but really all I want is 50 FPS so I can have a decent picture and I can't even squeeze more then 35. I don't really know my way around setting up these things, so if it is able to run at even close to a level I ask I don't know how to set it up.

Granted my computer is 3 years old at this point and I am not in the market for something new, but I am curious if it could even be possible on this computer or if I truly am out of luck when it comes to this. The game I'm trying to play is FFX if it really matters.

I think 1.6 is too low.

My old 2.6ghz and its 9600gt barely gets 60fps. gets fairly smooth 60fps in FF10 and drops badly in ff12.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3MaximoomPosted 10/7/2013 1:46:12 PM
That cpu is too weak to emulate anything past snes.
#4SinisterSlayPosted 10/7/2013 1:47:06 PM
Sorry, forgot to say, try using the speedhacks, I think FF10 takes some of the CPU speedhacks fairly well.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5steveboblarryPosted 10/7/2013 1:54:24 PM
Maximoom posted...
That cpu is too weak to emulate anything past snes.

This. Emulators are very Cpu intensive
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#6reincarnator07Posted 10/7/2013 2:12:53 PM
I reckon that could just about do PS1/N64. You're screwed past that though.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#7Rixxell(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 2:33:31 PM
I know I can do PSX emulation, but PS2 emulation was where I started having massive difficulty. Thanks to all of you for confirming my fears. I guess I have no choice but to wait out the X Remaster:(
---
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
#8thebladeofwoePosted 10/7/2013 2:33:59 PM
Would my laptop be any good? As I would love to play some old classics.
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
#9GoIrish80Posted 10/7/2013 2:34:55 PM
You're way low for proper PS2 emulation. Just not going to happen.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#10JudgmenlPosted 10/7/2013 2:42:41 PM
Not going to happen TC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://puu.sh/4AoGC.png - Opinions =/= Truth.