This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to run PCSX2 on an AMD processor

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to run PCSX2 on an AMD processor
3 years ago#1
Hi, I have a laptop running an AMD e-350 1.60 ghz processor with W7 and 4gigs of RAM. I have been trying to get PCSX2 to run on it for some time. I already know that I won't experience the best I can, but really all I want is 50 FPS so I can have a decent picture and I can't even squeeze more then 35. I don't really know my way around setting up these things, so if it is able to run at even close to a level I ask I don't know how to set it up.

Granted my computer is 3 years old at this point and I am not in the market for something new, but I am curious if it could even be possible on this computer or if I truly am out of luck when it comes to this. The game I'm trying to play is FFX if it really matters.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
3 years ago#2
Rixxell posted...
Hi, I have a laptop running an AMD e-350 1.60 ghz processor with W7 and 4gigs of RAM. I have been trying to get PCSX2 to run on it for some time. I already know that I won't experience the best I can, but really all I want is 50 FPS so I can have a decent picture and I can't even squeeze more then 35. I don't really know my way around setting up these things, so if it is able to run at even close to a level I ask I don't know how to set it up.

Granted my computer is 3 years old at this point and I am not in the market for something new, but I am curious if it could even be possible on this computer or if I truly am out of luck when it comes to this. The game I'm trying to play is FFX if it really matters.

I think 1.6 is too low.

My old 2.6ghz and its 9600gt barely gets 60fps. gets fairly smooth 60fps in FF10 and drops badly in ff12.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
3 years ago#3
That cpu is too weak to emulate anything past snes.
3 years ago#4
Sorry, forgot to say, try using the speedhacks, I think FF10 takes some of the CPU speedhacks fairly well.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
3 years ago#5
Maximoom posted...
That cpu is too weak to emulate anything past snes.

This. Emulators are very Cpu intensive
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
3 years ago#6
I reckon that could just about do PS1/N64. You're screwed past that though.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
3 years ago#7
I know I can do PSX emulation, but PS2 emulation was where I started having massive difficulty. Thanks to all of you for confirming my fears. I guess I have no choice but to wait out the X Remaster:(
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
3 years ago#8
Would my laptop be any good? As I would love to play some old classics.
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
3 years ago#9
You're way low for proper PS2 emulation. Just not going to happen.
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
3 years ago#10
Not going to happen TC.
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://puu.sh/4AoGC.png - Opinions =/= Truth.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to run PCSX2 on an AMD processor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived