This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I be worried?

#1DifferentialEquationPosted 10/7/2013 2:57:25 PM
At some point during the day there was a power outage (I know because the clock was reset) and it shut off my pc. When I turned it on, the monitors weren't picking a signal from my video card. At first I was worried and thought something might have fried.

After a few attempts at fiddling around with the power and reset buttons located on the actual motherboard, the monitors picked up a signal. It gave me two options. If I recall correctly they were something like

-Resume the previous session of windows
-Delete restore data and start a new session

I don't remember exactly what they said, but I think that was close.

Anyways, I picked the first option and my monitors lost their signal again. I reset the computer, got to the screen again and tried the second and tried the second and it got me into Windows and everything seems to be okay now.

Does anyone know exactly what might have happened and if I should be concerned? Thank you in advance.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#2DifferentialEquation(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 2:59:13 PM
Also, please excuse my English. It isn't my main language. Sorry.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#3DifferentialEquation(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 7:50:32 PM
bump
---
#4fataliPosted 10/7/2013 7:55:19 PM
Your system had a previous windows session saved, and it could have been corrupted when the power failure, using the option to delete that old session and create a new one was the right choice, it shouldn't give you any more problems.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#5DifferentialEquation(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 5:00:59 AM
fatali posted...
Your system had a previous windows session saved, and it could have been corrupted when the power failure, using the option to delete that old session and create a new one was the right choice, it shouldn't give you any more problems.

Alright, thank you. It's been okay since. I just at first thought that maybe my motherboard or video card were damaged since nothing was even showing up on my monitors.
---