This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could Bryan Cranston play Gordon freeman in a half life movie?

#21StormKMDPosted 10/7/2013 10:01:25 PM
TC, idk why, but I've always read your name as "steveblaboberry".
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#22Combo MasterPosted 10/7/2013 10:45:47 PM(edited)
They could of gone for a more shocking last episode like having Skyler die or something to leave an impact. I thought they could of done the last 2 episodes better but still the best show ever for me.
---
Combo Master
#23jakisthePosted 10/7/2013 10:57:56 PM(edited)
DaedalusEx posted...
Thescyy posted...
The finale was fitting IMO.

It would've been far better if he had woken up at the end, the whole thing having been a fantasy after he was unable to start the car. He then dies cold and alone, unable to get the money to his family and having lost everything that ever mattered to him.

That would've been fitting, and rather poetic. Instead, they went with the 'feel-good' hollywood ending, where Walt ties up every loose end and gets exactly what he wants, despite the stars having to align for him to do so. Finding keys under the visor? C'mon. Going anywhere he pleases, including his home, when he's the most wanted man in the country and police have intel that he's in the area? C'mon. A slowly oscillating M60 in a car trunk killing every intended target inside a building within a few seconds? C'mon.

Yeah, something that leaves a lot of unanswered questions is great. </sarcasm>
Fact of the matter is, ambiguity for ambiguities sake is just needless - same with being depressing just to be depressing. The entire series was of the arc of a man and what he set out to do (not about the ruthlessness or perpetuity of drugs/"the pointlessness of it all"), it eschewed the typical "grit" of other cop/crime shows by actually having a hero(ie, the downer "walt dies, no one wins" would be the Hollywood ending that execs think is deep but is actually unsatisfying), and seriously, the "it was all a dream" ending is probably the worst thing in the world that could happen to any story. Don't take this as a personal attack, but I keep reading this stuff saying that it should have depressing and passing judgement on criminals as a whole, ignoring the basis of the story (a man) for his ends to a mean (the drug trade), and definitely not needing to fit within what morals dictate will happen ("criminals never win!").

I've complaints about the finale, but being overly parnassian about it for just because wasn't one of them.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#24arrseeteePosted 10/7/2013 10:50:49 PM
CrayolaNinja posted...
bryan cranston can do anything he wants

This. Only issue is he's getting kinda old :(

It's amazing, people are only starting to realize just how amazing of an actor he is and is now really starting to gain some major roles. Not that he just recently started be "great" but that he was often overlooked as being a funny man. Imagine how big he could've been if he was more recognized 10years ago. Then again in a weird series of events maybe he probably wouldn't have been able to do Breaking Bad.
---
Posting from phone. So Police, don't whine about minor mistakes.
#25Super_Thug44Posted 10/7/2013 11:02:30 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
That would've been fitting, and rather poetic. Instead, they went with the 'feel-good' hollywood ending, where Walt ties up every loose end and gets exactly what he wants, despite the stars having to align for him to do so. Finding keys under the visor? C'mon. Going anywhere he pleases, including his home, when he's the most wanted man in the country and police have intel that he's in the area? C'mon. A slowly oscillating M60 in a car trunk killing every intended target inside a building within a few seconds? C'mon.

Walt doesn't do those things. Walt is the unlucky SOB who never got what he wanted. Heisenberg was able to do those things however. He's lucky and whatever you expect to happen, the opposite does for him. That's pretty much exemplified throughout the entire series, and even stated by Jesse.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Currently watching: Fringe
#26claytonbuckleyPosted 10/7/2013 11:40:37 PM
I'd say too old, but these days anything is possible.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#27ein311Posted 10/7/2013 11:51:48 PM
StormKMD posted...
TC, idk why, but I've always read your name as "steveblaboberry".

I do the same f***ing thing. I have no idea why.

Zaltera posted...
Fly.

I actually really enjoyed this episode.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#28SlaynPosted 10/8/2013 12:23:50 AM
http://f.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0050/881a649804.jpg
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#29arrseeteePosted 10/8/2013 12:45:15 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
CrayolaNinja posted...
bryan cranston can do anything he wants

Except convince Vince Gilligan to write a better finale.

http://i.imgur.com/m902SbM.gif
---
Posting from phone. So Police, don't whine about minor mistakes.
#30ArnzillazorPosted 10/8/2013 1:08:10 AM
Hell yeah! That would rule.