This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is 8gb worth the extra $300

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is 8gb worth the extra $300

User Info: ethsfan

ethsfan
3 years ago#1
it would cost me $300 to go from the 128gb hd 4gb of ram surface pro to the 256gb hd 8gb ram version. i only work part time so the $300 extra feels like a lot.

Other than better multitasking does the extra ram do anything else?
Official Gabriel of the SMT4 board.

User Info: Freakwave003

Freakwave003
3 years ago#2
god no
i7 3770K @ 4.4 GHz | GA-Z77-D3H | Corsair H100i | 16GB HyperX Beast | ASUS GTX 770 | Intel 520 SSD | Seasonic 660x Platinum | Corsair 500r

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 years ago#3
ethsfan posted...
it would cost me $300 to go from the 128gb hd 4gb of ram surface pro to the 256gb hd 8gb ram version. i only work part time so the $300 extra feels like a lot.

What exactly are you talking about here? More ram is always good if you like multitasking. I am constantly using 4GB of RAM or more at a time. Is this a laptop?
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.

User Info: ben_not_benny

ben_not_benny
3 years ago#4
Fade2black001 posted...
ethsfan posted...

What exactly are you talking about here? More ram is always good if you like multitasking. I am constantly using 4GB of RAM or more at a time. Is this a laptop?

Surface Pro. Microsoft's spectacular attempt at building a tablet.
ROG Maximus VI Impact | i7-4770K | GTX 780 [3GB] | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB OCZ-Vertex 4 | 3x3TB WD Greens | XFX 750W | CM Elite 120 Adv.
PSN: z35001vr

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#5
Fade2black001 posted...
ethsfan posted...

Surface Pro.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

ethsfan
3 years ago#6
Fade2black001 posted...
ethsfan posted...

Tablet to run photoshop, gba games, music, internet, email, word processor, youtube.

User Info: Garhinder

Garhinder
3 years ago#7
Do you get a better processor with those +128 GB of SSD and +4GB of RAM?

If yes, sure. If that's not the case, save your money since you mention that you're on a budget.

User Info: jakisthe

jakisthe
3 years ago#8
First off, no, that's obscenely expensive and probably won't be used on a tablet, and secondly, that extra cost is probably in doubling the HD - it's price makes me think it's SSD.
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
3 years ago#9
Is there any particular why you would need a tablet over a laptop? If it's for convenience since it smaller and has touch screen, then you are a fool.
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

ethsfan
3 years ago#10
jakisthe posted...
First off, no, that's obscenely expensive and probably won't be used on a tablet, and secondly, that extra cost is probably in doubling the HD - it's price makes me think it's SSD.

Yes ssd and the both have a 4th Generation Intel Core i5.
So i can get by with 4gb for photoshop? (Btw incase ppl were wondering prices are $999 and $1299)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is 8gb worth the extra $300

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived