This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Installed New Graphics card - Suddenly no sound?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Installed New Graphics card - Suddenly no sound?

User Info: HighOnPhazon

HighOnPhazon
3 years ago#1
I would ask the tech support forum, but that forum is dead and I never get an answer.

Anyway, I just popped my Sapphire in my Sig in, everything is great but my sound isn't working right. I hadn't messed with anything prior to this despite removing my old Nvidia drivers and card, and installing the new Graphics card and drivers just now. Upon reboot, no sound. I plug my Headphones in, I see that in the task bar there is apparently sound somewhere on the machine, but I can't hear it. I have my headphones turned up all the way so that's not the issue.

Anyone have any similar problems, maybe I'm missing something.
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650

User Info: HighOnPhazon

HighOnPhazon
3 years ago#2
Ok well the problem is apparently with my two front case jacks on my HAF case. They suddenly dont work. I have sound from the back jacks though.

WTF would cause that to happen?
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#3
Check that the front jacks are still plugged into the motherboard. You could've jostled them loose when you were putting the new GPU in.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#4
Windows probably set your GPU (HDMI) as the default audio device. You can change that in the sound control panel.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Installed New Graphics card - Suddenly no sound?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived