This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to calibrate a controller that lists left.

#1DawnshadowPosted 10/7/2013 8:26:23 PM
I have a third party 360 controller. It has a normal D-pad, unlike most that have that weird sliding circle thing.

The main analogue stick is suddenly left, and calibrating it using the Windows 7 UI doesn't work. I took the controller apart and poked at it, and it didn't help (although it also didn't make it worse.) There's either a short in it somewhere, or something else has gone wrong inside it.

I really like this controller, so if it can be adjusted to compensate I'd like to. :)
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#2BowsaaPosted 10/7/2013 8:30:50 PM
Increase the dead zone.

My PS2 controller reads as being at the 50% position to the left when it's just sitting still, I maxed the dead zone in Dolphin and it works fine. Of course, more precise movements are sort of hard, but it works fine for what I'm using it for.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#3PhilOnDezPosted 10/7/2013 8:50:13 PM
Have you tried lubing up the stick? If you've already taken it apart it shouldn't be a problem for you, I'm sure there's tutorial vids for 360 controllers, maybe even your specific one, but I've seen N64 controllers go from stuck at a tilt to better than new with just a dab of lithium grease. Another option is graphite powder but don't use anything petroleum based like Vaseline.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#4Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/7/2013 9:54:50 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
Have you tried lubing up the stick? If you've already taken it apart it shouldn't be a problem for you, I'm sure there's tutorial vids for 360 controllers, maybe even your specific one, but I've seen N64 controllers go from stuck at a tilt to better than new with just a dab of lithium grease. Another option is graphite powder but don't use anything petroleum based like Vaseline.

I find water based lubricants are actually the best when it comes to lubing the stick.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch