This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to chrome

#1justsome1_01Posted 10/8/2013 5:25:10 AM
I just downloaded chrome and have some questions.

1) What are some must have extensions?

2) How do I set a homepage?

Thanks!
#2El MagnificoPosted 10/8/2013 6:27:40 AM
1) What are some must have extensions?

I don't know what extensions would be useful for you since I don't know your browsing habits. I find Tampermonkey and Stylish useful, but they're certainly not "must have". I don't really install many extensions on browsers.

2) How do I set a homepage?

In the settings, look for the option to display the home button and put a check next to it. You should also be able to choose what page to display when clicking the home button. If you're talking about what page to start the browser with, then there's a separate option under settings about what page to start with.

#3Gojak_v3Posted 10/8/2013 7:00:50 AM
AdBlock
#4drags_Posted 10/8/2013 7:07:06 PM
Adblock Plus - blocks ads.
Linkification - makes clickable links.
Media Hint - stream US Netflix/video to any country, no more crappy Canadian Netflix!
Bookmarks Menu - adds bookmarks button in right corner beside your settings button.
Youtube Options - Disable annoying things from youtube.
Music Plus for Google Play Music - adds button in right corner that lets you quickly change tracks without leaving the current tab, also gives bio/lyrics in play music tab.
Pacman - Pacman
#5justsome1_01(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 4:57:34 AM
Thank you! Also, if memory serves there is a gamefaqs extension. It's been so long I forget what it's called and where to find it.
#6ATARIJAWAPosted 10/9/2013 5:10:56 AM
justsome1_01 posted...
Thank you! Also, if memory serves there is a gamefaqs extension. It's been so long I forget what it's called and where to find it.

Gamefox.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#7badboyPosted 10/9/2013 6:12:49 AM
There's one very useful extension (must have IMO) that helps you copy the text of a link without having to highlight it called Copy Link Text. Another useful one is ToggleLink which turns any link to text for a few seconds so you can highlight part of it easily.

Other extensions I like:
Magic Actions for YouTube
Search by Image (by Google)
Search the current site
Youtube Thumbs
Pixlr Grabber
#8TheChiefWhipPosted 10/10/2013 2:48:51 AM
drags_ posted...
Adblock Plus - blocks ads.
Linkification - makes clickable links.
Media Hint - stream US Netflix/video to any country, no more crappy Canadian Netflix!
Bookmarks Menu - adds bookmarks button in right corner beside your settings button.
Youtube Options - Disable annoying things from youtube.
Music Plus for Google Play Music - adds button in right corner that lets you quickly change tracks without leaving the current tab, also gives bio/lyrics in play music tab.
Pacman - Pacman

Thanks for the Media Hint link friend, never knew this existed.
#9Skul_Posted 10/10/2013 2:55:27 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
justsome1_01 posted...

Gamefox.

Gamesweasel
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
#10randy_123rPosted 10/10/2013 4:02:59 AM
Also Ghostery. Sometimes it blocks comments on certain pages, but you can always manually enable them. Adblock and Ghostery is all I use.
---
GT: Saint Muzik
http://i.minus.com/iV3clHy0Bmf08.gif http://www.last.fm/user/SaintMusik/