This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So if CoD:Ghosts is 50GB's file size so does that mean Steam only or 8 DLDVD's ?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So if CoD:Ghosts is 50GB's file size so does that mean Steam only or 8 DLDVD's ?
3 years ago#21
MasterDonGero posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Combo Master posted...
Why can fps games be so big when a game like Skyrim is only 6 gigs?

Meh, not even Far Cry 3 got so big! :p

There's no reason for a game like CoD to take 50 GBs. In fact, I don't even believe it WILL take so much space. Lets wait when its released, but I'm willing to bet that it won't even be more than 15 GB.

I bet that system requirements is very bloated, BTW.

How do you know there is no reason for Ghost to be 50 GB?

Well, unless the game is packed with pre-rendered videos (and by packed, I mean more than 10 hours of them), there's no explanation. Even if they did a huge campaign (which I doubt), 50 GB is TOO much to fill. Even if they use VERY LARGE textures (doubtful), even if all sounds are uncompressed (unlikelly), 50 GB is HUGE for a game.
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
3 years ago#22
MarceloSampaio posted...
MasterDonGero posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Combo Master posted...
Why can fps games be so big when a game like Skyrim is only 6 gigs?

Meh, not even Far Cry 3 got so big! :p

There's no reason for a game like CoD to take 50 GBs. In fact, I don't even believe it WILL take so much space. Lets wait when its released, but I'm willing to bet that it won't even be more than 15 GB.

I bet that system requirements is very bloated, BTW.

How do you know there is no reason for Ghost to be 50 GB?

Well, unless the game is packed with pre-rendered videos (and by packed, I mean more than 10 hours of them), there's no explanation. Even if they did a huge campaign (which I doubt), 50 GB is TOO much to fill. Even if they use VERY LARGE textures (doubtful), even if all sounds are uncompressed (unlikelly), 50 GB is HUGE for a game.

Probably every explosion is actually a video overlapping the game because the consoles aren't powerful enough to render the explosions properly.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
3 years ago#23
SinisterSlay posted...
Probably every explosion is actually a video overlapping the game because the consoles aren't powerful enough to render the explosions properly.

Hahahahaha.

The peasants will come here to jump on your neck, man! :p
3 years ago#24
My DL speed is like 100kbps at best.

I wasn't going to buy this anyway, but if this is how games are gonna get in sizes then...damn.
"Burn"
Steam ID: Goshorai. / XBL:ShoraiZenta.
3 years ago#25
Goshorai posted...
My DL speed is like 100kbps at best.

I wasn't going to buy this anyway, but if this is how games are gonna get in sizes then...damn.

Hmmm time to get internet from this century....
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
3 years ago#26
Wow, that's ridiculous. I don't even understand.
3 years ago#27
Arnzillazor posted...
Wow, that's ridiculous. I don't even understand.

Too many pre-rendered videos, man! :p

-WHOA look! The dog is running so realistically and... Oh, its a pre-rendered image. Never mind....

Hitman Absolution has them, and requires 24GB! :p
3 years ago#28
If you want to see how long a download will take (up to Petabytes) on a connection up to about a Gigabit - http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/calculate/downloadcalculator.php
I have built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P5kr - Minus a few parts.
3 years ago#29
I'd bet it's mostly extended loading FMVs, voice overs, and other useless spacewasting junk.
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
3 years ago#30
wizardmon posted...
3 megabytes a second isn't that hard to hit if you live in a remotely on the grid town.

Meh, I live in the state's second biggest city and the best I can get is 2.5, or at least it was the last time I checked. We've got 3 mbps, although my brother said that we're getting 15 sometime.

As for 50 GB, that's like an hour and a half for me atm, not that I'm even remotely interested in the game.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So if CoD:Ghosts is 50GB's file size so does that mean Steam only or 8 DLDVD's ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived