This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So if CoD:Ghosts is 50GB's file size so does that mean Steam only or 8 DLDVD's ?

#21MarceloSampaioPosted 10/8/2013 1:09:05 PM
MasterDonGero posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Combo Master posted...
Why can fps games be so big when a game like Skyrim is only 6 gigs?

Meh, not even Far Cry 3 got so big! :p

There's no reason for a game like CoD to take 50 GBs. In fact, I don't even believe it WILL take so much space. Lets wait when its released, but I'm willing to bet that it won't even be more than 15 GB.

I bet that system requirements is very bloated, BTW.

How do you know there is no reason for Ghost to be 50 GB?

Well, unless the game is packed with pre-rendered videos (and by packed, I mean more than 10 hours of them), there's no explanation. Even if they did a huge campaign (which I doubt), 50 GB is TOO much to fill. Even if they use VERY LARGE textures (doubtful), even if all sounds are uncompressed (unlikelly), 50 GB is HUGE for a game.
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#22SinisterSlayPosted 10/8/2013 1:10:28 PM
MarceloSampaio posted...
MasterDonGero posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Combo Master posted...
Why can fps games be so big when a game like Skyrim is only 6 gigs?

Meh, not even Far Cry 3 got so big! :p

There's no reason for a game like CoD to take 50 GBs. In fact, I don't even believe it WILL take so much space. Lets wait when its released, but I'm willing to bet that it won't even be more than 15 GB.

I bet that system requirements is very bloated, BTW.

How do you know there is no reason for Ghost to be 50 GB?

Well, unless the game is packed with pre-rendered videos (and by packed, I mean more than 10 hours of them), there's no explanation. Even if they did a huge campaign (which I doubt), 50 GB is TOO much to fill. Even if they use VERY LARGE textures (doubtful), even if all sounds are uncompressed (unlikelly), 50 GB is HUGE for a game.

Probably every explosion is actually a video overlapping the game because the consoles aren't powerful enough to render the explosions properly.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#23MarceloSampaioPosted 10/8/2013 1:15:15 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Probably every explosion is actually a video overlapping the game because the consoles aren't powerful enough to render the explosions properly.

Hahahahaha.

The peasants will come here to jump on your neck, man! :p
---
#24GoshoraiPosted 10/8/2013 1:21:10 PM
My DL speed is like 100kbps at best.

I wasn't going to buy this anyway, but if this is how games are gonna get in sizes then...damn.
---
"Burn"
Steam ID: Goshorai. / XBL:ShoraiZenta.
#25SinisterSlayPosted 10/8/2013 1:22:37 PM
Goshorai posted...
My DL speed is like 100kbps at best.

I wasn't going to buy this anyway, but if this is how games are gonna get in sizes then...damn.

Hmmm time to get internet from this century....
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#26ArnzillazorPosted 10/8/2013 1:22:51 PM
Wow, that's ridiculous. I don't even understand.
#27MarceloSampaioPosted 10/8/2013 1:29:12 PM(edited)
Arnzillazor posted...
Wow, that's ridiculous. I don't even understand.

Too many pre-rendered videos, man! :p

-WHOA look! The dog is running so realistically and... Oh, its a pre-rendered image. Never mind....

Hitman Absolution has them, and requires 24GB! :p

---
#28dlfPosted 10/8/2013 2:37:44 PM
If you want to see how long a download will take (up to Petabytes) on a connection up to about a Gigabit - http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/calculate/downloadcalculator.php
---
I have built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P5kr - Minus a few parts.
#29DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/8/2013 7:08:36 PM
I'd bet it's mostly extended loading FMVs, voice overs, and other useless spacewasting junk.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#30BowsaaPosted 10/8/2013 7:16:48 PM
wizardmon posted...
3 megabytes a second isn't that hard to hit if you live in a remotely on the grid town.

Meh, I live in the state's second biggest city and the best I can get is 2.5, or at least it was the last time I checked. We've got 3 mbps, although my brother said that we're getting 15 sometime.

As for 50 GB, that's like an hour and a half for me atm, not that I'm even remotely interested in the game.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000