This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gabriel Knight: SOTF remake in the works.

#1AsucaHayashiPosted 10/8/2013 11:11:33 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/63162/gabriel-knight-returns-interview-with-jane-jensen

the best part is probably this:

Is the deal just for a re-make of the original, or does this open up the possibility of a NEW Gabriel Knight adventure down the road as well?

The licensing deal we have with Activision is for this game only. However, I think thereís a strong chance that if we create a good game that does well with the critics and in sales, we can persuade Activision to allow us to do a new GK game. I certainly hope so! After all, thereíd be no point in remaking the first Gabriel Knight game if not to relaunch and rejuvenate the series. Also, this is the first time since leaving Sierra that Iíve been able to do anything with the GK license holder, so thatís huge! I hope itís the start of a beautiful friendship. :)

awwww yea
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#2Killah PriestPosted 10/8/2013 11:12:47 AM
I absolutely loved those games.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3Golden_GonadsPosted 10/8/2013 11:45:37 AM
Excellent news! Loved the first game, thoroughly enjoyed the second, and had fun with the third. A little disappointing to see that they're going to have to re-do the voice acting without the original cast though.
#4Orestes417Posted 10/8/2013 12:03:41 PM
Please tell me they're going to keep it 2D
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#5MarceloSampaioPosted 10/8/2013 12:16:49 PM
OH MY GOD!!

My second favorite game EVER is getting a remake?!?

/PUKE RAINBOWS!
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#6Fade2black001Posted 10/8/2013 12:23:10 PM
Damn... I never heard of this series....
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#7Orestes417Posted 10/8/2013 12:28:06 PM
Begone... lets see, what's below a peasant? Serf? yeah that'll work. BEGONE serf!
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#8MarceloSampaioPosted 10/8/2013 12:41:55 PM(edited)
Fade2black001 posted...
Damn... I never heard of this series....

They are FANTASTIC games. There are only 3 though, and the third one is actually in 3D (which sucks...). They have the best storylines I've ever seen in games. Heck, they are the best stories I've ever seen in all medias!

If you don't mind older graphics, you should try them. On GOG they are cheap. ;)

My favorite one is the second game (The Beast Within), but Sins of the Fathers is still an AMAZING experience.

Too bad most Jane Jensen games don't really sell well enough... Even though they are amazing. The last game I've tried that she made was Gray Matter. It was an amazing game, but not many people actually ever heard of it...

---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!