This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a gaming mouse with a light weight pressure right click.

#11_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/8/2013 3:38:12 PM
Hmm, most modern mice use omron on huano switches. The omron are lighter, but I generally find the difference among them in mice quite negligible.

My guess is the shape of the mouse , and how that fits your hand and grip might have a bigger effect on how you easy it is to click than the actual difference in actuation force, given that there is very little actual difference between them.

Personally I feel that mice with a typical ambidextrous shape, like the Sensei or Zowie FK, have the shape that make "clicking" feel easiest to me.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#12iceachePosted 10/8/2013 3:47:29 PM
What kind of weakling are you if it's hard to press ANY mouse button.
#13Mango SaucePosted 10/8/2013 4:07:51 PM
I have a G400. As you go toward the front of the mouse, the pressure needed is very very small. They seem to be equal, but clicking is completely effortless if you can use the outer front edge of the button
---
http://i.imgur.com/f7wmvAJ.png
#14DevilTriggerSSS(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 4:23:13 PM
iceache posted...
What kind of weakling are you if it's hard to press ANY mouse button.

PRESSING the button is not the issue. It's continuously holding it down that's the trouble.
---
I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.
#15PraetorXynPosted 10/8/2013 10:22:01 PM
Mango Sauce posted...
I have a G400. As you go toward the front of the mouse, the pressure needed is very very small. They seem to be equal, but clicking is completely effortless if you can use the outer front edge of the button

I just tested this and I can tell it's a tiny bit lighter there.
Really though, TC needs to learn how to hold a mouse.

You're not going to find any mouse in existence with a lower pressure for the right button unless you have one custom made or something, assuming you can even do that.

What's going to make more of a difference to you is the shape of the mouse.

You have the ambidextrous "Quake" shape, of which the Zowie FK is the best.
You have the ergonomic shape, of which:
You have the "claw grip" style, where the Roccat Savu is probably the best.
You have the "palm grip" style, where the Logitech G400S is the best (the G400 is the same thing, except with slightly lower DPI which doesn't matter and a non-reinforced cord that has a tendency to pull loose from the mouse.

Most ergonomic mice can be used for claw or palm, just depends on how you hold them.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#16DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/8/2013 11:07:52 PM
wizardmon posted...
I've been using my middle finger for the scroll wheel for as long as I can remember, and it works well since in WoT I need to use all three mouse buttons at the same time very often.

Yep. Always held my mouse that way. Seems like a waste to have to move your middle/index finger every time you want to scroll down a window which is like all the time.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#17ZeraphLordSPosted 10/9/2013 12:56:16 AM
I picked my mouse specifically for it's low actuation force, but it is tiny, and one of the lightest mice around. See if you can get your hands on a CM Storm Spawn to try it out.

It has a perfect sensor and some really excellent buttons behind the scroll wheel as added bonuses.

The buttons aren't just parts of the hull, which helps reduce the force pushing back on your finger, and the actuation is significantly tactile, not linear.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#18DevilTriggerSSS(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 6:13:09 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
Mango Sauce posted...

I just tested this and I can tell it's a tiny bit lighter there.
Really though, TC needs to learn how to hold a mouse.

You're not going to find any mouse in existence with a lower pressure for the right button unless you have one custom made or something, assuming you can even do that.

What's going to make more of a difference to you is the shape of the mouse.

You have the ambidextrous "Quake" shape, of which the Zowie FK is the best.
You have the ergonomic shape, of which:
You have the "claw grip" style, where the Roccat Savu is probably the best.
You have the "palm grip" style, where the Logitech G400S is the best (the G400 is the same thing, except with slightly lower DPI which doesn't matter and a non-reinforced cord that has a tendency to pull loose from the mouse.

Most ergonomic mice can be used for claw or palm, just depends on how you hold them.

I've used palm style forever. I know how to hold a mouse very well. I've used the logitech gwhatevers and while they're good mice, they really need to bring the front of the mouse up a bit, because to click you have to really reach over the entire mouse's surface, especially on a right click. It's very easy to just 'click' but to repeatedly click or hold the button down tends to strain the secondary fingers and wrist.
---
I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.
#19BowsaaPosted 10/9/2013 6:30:43 AM
Just get some wrist strength. I use a palm grip with pointer/middle fingers on the buttons, but I can easily hold down either mouse button for as long as needed, even if I shift it over and use my ring finger on the RMB.

If you really keep having issues, get a smaller mouse. You'll be able to put your whole finger on/over the button, so you'll be closer to the edge, which means less force to push/hold it down, and you can get your whole finger on the button.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#20AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/9/2013 6:36:53 AM
Bowsaa posted...
Just get some wrist strength. I use a palm grip with pointer/middle fingers on the buttons, but I can easily hold down either mouse button for as long as needed, even if I shift it over and use my ring finger on the RMB.

I would say I can easily do it too, but when Diablo 3 came out, having to hold down the mouse buttons constantly, for hours was tiring.