This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC and Wii U owners, what is your opinion on Wind Waker HD?

#31blankempathyPosted 10/8/2013 3:50:33 PM
huyi posted...
the wii u remake remove features like the tingle turner is replaced with facebook like features, that is a downgrade imo not a good thing.

Miiverse is awesome. The community is great. Comparing it to facebook is a disservice.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#32xanthan1Posted 10/8/2013 3:54:49 PM(edited)
HM
Pretty or pretty, fast sail, better triforce shard quest, forest water takes less time to expire, and faster animations for things like grappling or picking up treasure from the sea.

Yeah I'm going with the one with more actual improvements instead of just looking marginally better.
#33NotQuiteAFreakPosted 10/8/2013 3:55:12 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
I wasn't asking a question. But considering you have to pay $300-450 for a Wii U and the Game. $500 isn't asking too much more, seeing as though you can do a lot more with it and play the game for free.

It's $300 for the console and game. Not $300-$450. Don't try and inflate the cost just to try and prove your point, fanboy.

Anyone who votes for the Dolphin version doesn't know what they're talking about, and hasn't played the game.

$400 for those who bought the 32GB Console pre-price drop. Not $450, sorry I couldn't find the actual release price and thought it was $400 for some reason. Still only a $100 more. :S
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#34xanthan1Posted 10/8/2013 4:06:29 PM(edited)
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
I wasn't asking a question. But considering you have to pay $300-450 for a Wii U and the Game. $500 isn't asking too much more, seeing as though you can do a lot more with it and play the game for free.

It's $300 for the console and game. Not $300-$450. Don't try and inflate the cost just to try and prove your point, fanboy.

Anyone who votes for the Dolphin version doesn't know what they're talking about, and hasn't played the game.

$400 for those who bought the 32GB Console pre-price drop. Not $450, sorry I couldn't find the actual release price and thought it was $400 for some reason. Still only a $100 more. :S

If you're going to count the price of a Wii U in the price of a game you need to count the price of a PC able to play it also, otherwise you're not being fair. About the only thing the Dolphin one has going is less bloom.

How much WOULD a system to run it in Dolphin with similar enhancements cost? Also how many of you actually CARE about the Tingle Tuner? Seriously, how many of you complaining actually used it?
#35RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 3:57:26 PM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
RemixDeluxe posted...
More like defending another users stupid question. Also you ignored my response in which you have to spend equally as much on a PC to enjoy your "free" game and if you don't have a KB+Mouse+Monitor well that's even more thats gonna add to your pricing. If your gonna say the same for Wii U then you also ignore the fact that it has more first party titles than the other two competitors combined (MicroSony) not to mention the fact that unless you are able to back up your games onto your PC, it isn't exactly a legal way to play it so I hope your ok with piracy.

P.S. I can read your response just fine. Please don't double post.

He wasn't actually asking a question either. At least not an answerable one. :P

I didn't ignore it. I simply pointed out you only have to pay $100 more to get a PC with countless more features and the supreme version of Wind Waker. If anything you neglected entire cost of the Wii U, in order to play your "$50" game. And whoopee that Wii U has more first party titles than Microsoft and Sony, nobody mentioned Microsoft or Sony or first party titles. But on the point PC has a flatbed of titles as well as countless of other features compared to the Wii U's tray of games.

Also, Keyboard and Mouse can cost $15, maybe less. A monitor probably $100 less if you go below 22". But then again if we're being picky about every little thing you have to buy, it could cost even more to buy a Wii U when you factor in the price of a TV...

And yeah I am okay with Piracy. But you are too right? Seeing as how you've actually played the (Pirated) Dolphin version enough, to be able to make a able comparisons with the Wii U version Wind Waker HD. :3

P.S If you could read my response's you'd see that there was a second between posts.

You definitely didn't read my post correctly as I corrected myself by saying he wasn't asking a question but defending it. The game is not "free" because of the cost of the PC itself and I laugh at your assumption that I pirated the game, I own the original and in fact backed it up myself using homebrew methods. No need to quote the "$50", thats why MSRPs exist. The fact that Nintendo has more 1st party titles does matter in a comparison like this, if your gonna go all out saying how amazing the PC is then allow me to brag about how almighty Nintendo is with their games and how they are not available on PC which is a factor to compare with. With all costs considered Wii U wins here if we go with the $300 for the system + $50 for the game + $40 for a pro controller, thats less than $400 after taxes (your area may vary).

P.S. I dont give a damn how much time has passed, you still double posted.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#36Fade2black001Posted 10/8/2013 3:58:29 PM
WTH? Dolphin cant play Wii-U games....
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#37xanthan1Posted 10/8/2013 3:59:37 PM
Fade2black001 posted...

The Gamecube version played through dolphin with graphical enhancements vs the HD Wii U version, try paying ANY attention.
#38RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 4:00:26 PM
Fade2black001 posted...

Ok. Quote me where I said that.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#39Fade2black001Posted 10/8/2013 4:02:40 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

The Gamecube version played through dolphin with graphical enhancements vs the HD Wii U version, try paying ANY attention.

Oh is that whats going on here? OK I get it now.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#40huyiPosted 10/8/2013 4:05:17 PM
so many hipsters in this topic i feel ill now, gta 5 is spot on lol so yeah ripping out features of the original to put social junk is a good thing? what planet have i woken up onto?
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ