This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC and Wii U owners, what is your opinion on Wind Waker HD?

#51MonadAlvisPosted 10/8/2013 6:35:42 PM
HD gets it because of the Triforce charts, Swift Sail, and the color of the water. I don't know why, but it really bothers me in the original.
---
The only reason people have to replace a broken Nintendo product is because they can't make discs out of Nintendium.
#52NotQuiteAFreakPosted 10/8/2013 6:51:16 PM
RemixDeluxe posted...
You definitely didn't read my post correctly as I corrected myself by saying he wasn't asking a question but defending it. The game is not "free" because of the cost of the PC itself and I laugh at your assumption that I pirated the game, I own the original and in fact backed it up myself using homebrew methods. No need to quote the "$50", thats why MSRPs exist. The fact that Nintendo has more 1st party titles does matter in a comparison like this, if your gonna go all out saying how amazing the PC is then allow me to brag about how almighty Nintendo is with their games and how they are not available on PC which is a factor to compare with. With all costs considered Wii U wins here if we go with the $300 for the system + $50 for the game + $40 for a pro controller, thats less than $400 after taxes (your area may vary).

P.S. I dont give a damn how much time has passed, you still double posted.

Actually you were saying I (Or another user) was defending his question. Which again wasn't actually a genuine question.

The fact that Nintendo indeed has a lot of first Party titles does matter, but:
1) That's not what you said at all. Indeed what you said is (In case you've already forgotten):
"Wii U then you also ignore the fact that it has more first party titles than the other two competitors combined (MicroSony)"
Which is a completely different argument than "Wii U has better titles than PC" which I is (I think, if not why on Earth are you bringing up Wii U's vast amounts of First Party titles) the argument we've somehow muddled into.
2) Wii U still loses to PC even on titles. Previous Nintendo consoles, maybe could have an argument for beating PC with it's titles. But the Wii U? Nooooooooooooooooooo. Nintendo Land? New Super Mario Bros. U? Wii Party U? No. Just, no. Not compared to the backlog of titles available to PC.

The game itself is indeed "Free" on PC. If I were to go download the ROM & Dolphin now, it wouldn't cost me a penny. But looking at the grander scheme of costs and if you want to solely play Wind Waker HD then I guess it does win. Nonetheless if you are looking at the grander scheme of costs you have to actually look at the grander scheme of costs, not just the cost of Wind Waker HD & a Wii U and Wind Waker HD & a PC, and doing so proves a tremendous loss for Wii U. Cheaper games, a much vaster catalog of games, a much higher number of greater games. Etc. (I can't be bothered listing all the benefits of PC gaming) all put Wii U to shame.

Even counting Wind Waker HD solely, if a $500 PC surpasses Wind Waker HD, then certainly a $400 has the potential to equal Wind Waker HD, ergo it's a draw.

Congratulations on homebrewing, I own the original too. But I just downloaded the ROM to play on Dolphin. What conundrum does that leave us at. :O

P.S With your constant references to price. I've proven my initial point that price does indeed matter in forming a judgement for a game. :P

P.S.S I don't give a damn that I double posted. It's a glitch with the website. Get over it.

xanthan1 posted...
If you're going to count the price of a Wii U in the price of a game you need to count the price of a PC able to play it also, otherwise you're not being fair. About the only thing the Dolphin one has going is less bloom.

I am counting the price of the PC. He was not counting the price of Wii U, but was counting the price of the PC. Which is why I brought it up in the first place.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#53RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 9:53:07 PM
You must think pricing is a genuine question if you keep bringing it up every time. If it isnt then let it go cause I never started this crap to begin with. The reason I keep bringing up Nintendo and their first party is because you are trying to justify the high price of PC gaming to compare with when you went completely off topic for whatever reason because you think its "free" when it isnt. Also the Wii U isnt even a year old, do you already know its gonna have terrible games so why even say it has terrible games when it isnt over, the gen just started.

Also

Congratulations on homebrewing, I own the original too. But I just downloaded the ROM to play on Dolphin. What conundrum does that leave us at. :O

I legitimately cannot tell if your congratulating me or not but either way homebrewing isnt that difficult as even the most computer illiterate folks out there can do it themselves. If you wanna feel "legit" and backup your own games I suppose I can link you to a guide but your better off googling how to do it yourself. I got my whole GC and Wii collection backed up so I can use it on PC rather than Wii. Its better and healthier for the Wii (doesnt burn out the disk reader.)

P.S. Pricing doesnt matter in a topic about which game is more favorable. If you wanna talk about pricing your more than welcome to make your own topic to discuss that.

P.S.S. If this was an error on the site then explain why its only happening to you. You need to admit it was your fault like an adult and grow up.

P.S.S. Instead of copy/pasting you can try to come up with your own sentences to use like a coherent poster.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#54ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/8/2013 10:09:23 PM
Holy hell, nobody cares.

Stop slap fighting and go play Wind Waker.
#55the_cajun88Posted 10/9/2013 3:45:58 PM
WWHD is better than the original, period.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#56helldewPosted 10/9/2013 4:27:16 PM
WWHD is easily better its not really arguable IMO. people spending a ton of time reworking the entire game graphically and adding in little features here and there is gonna easily beat a super filtered versions of the original game cube game. Plus either way WWHD already runs in HD and true HD at that not upscaled.
---
Opening up a Youtube/Facebook channel check me out at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hell-dew/385088068261207
#57Kokuei05Posted 10/9/2013 4:36:49 PM
Wii U. It was remade with new/better textures and particles. New is always better than old upscaled.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkbNvrzp9Zk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFC-I16ByiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cNMJVCcbUI
#58__starsnostarsPosted 10/9/2013 4:50:19 PM
My opinion of Wind Waker HD is that I don't care for it at all and its not worth buying. The only good Zelda games were on the SNES and 64. The rest do nothing for me and a HD version isn't going to change that.
#59RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 9:40:56 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Holy hell, nobody cares.

Apparently you care enough to post in my topic.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#60MasterDonGeroPosted 10/9/2013 9:56:25 PM
RemixDeluxe posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Holy hell, nobody cares.

Apparently you care enough to post in my topic.

He doesn't care about what you're arguing about. He cares about the argument, in the sense that he doesn't think you two should keep arguing.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom