This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good is dolphin (emulator)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How good is dolphin (emulator)

User Info: mexicannon

mexicannon
3 years ago#1
I've heard that you can play most games at 1080p and 60fps. You can also connect wii controllers and play. That seems amazing, and I could get all the wii games I could never afford/or play. Also, could this set up play Brawl at 1080p and 60 fps?

I7 4470 up to 3.9 ghz
16gb dual channel DDR3
1.5gb Nvidia 760gx

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#2
Yes with that setup it will easily work. Heck I underclocked my 4770k to 3.0ghz and still has no problems.

Here is a video, on almost max settings only 4xantialiasing, though it doesn't look as good on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVXa292RxFs
Steam/Origin: DerPancake

User Info: Daz_man123

Daz_man123
3 years ago#3
You can easily get 60fps in Brawl. I would try to overclock some more if you can. Some games are really intensive and require a really high overclock.

User Info: FaultBoy

FaultBoy
3 years ago#4
why people keep asking about emulators?

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#5
FaultBoy posted...

Because people want to play Wiigames at 1080p, instead of that crappy 480p.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 years ago#6
Assuming you have the PC for it, which you do, yes everything you say is true. And Brawl looks amazing at 1080p and using the custom texture pack.
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2

User Info: lostsymphony

lostsymphony
3 years ago#7
Dolphin is really great. TONS of games work extremely well, and on your machine they'll look great. My only grumble is there are still some unsupported games..

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
3 years ago#8
DerPancake posted...
FaultBoy posted...

Because people want to play Wiigames at 1080p, instead of that crappy 480p.

This
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad

User Info: mexicannon

mexicannon
3 years ago#9
Thanks guys, but one last thing. How exactly do you connect a wii/gamecube controller? Is it bluetooth or something? And you can adjust the controls on the keyboard whatever way you like right?

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 years ago#10
mexicannon posted...
Thanks guys, but one last thing. How exactly do you connect a wii/gamecube controller? Is it bluetooth or something? And you can adjust the controls on the keyboard whatever way you like right?

For a Wii controller you need 1) a sensor bar, 2) a bluetooth sensor for your PC, and 3) The Wii bluetooth stack. It takes a little setting up but it's not horribly difficult. I just use an Xbox 360 controller, it works for what I need it for.
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How good is dolphin (emulator)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived