This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Really stuck between a rock and a hard place for next gen...

#1xSoldier24xPosted 10/8/2013 4:57:03 PM
Right now I'm pretty much dead broke student. As I finish milking my current gen ps3 I'm just wondering what I should do for next gen. Consoles are a good alternative when I come across money in the future but I'm really interested in pc gaming. HERES THE PROBLEM: I'm broke and can't afford to put alot into a new computer as I bought a macbook (yes hate on me) for my school work and such. I've heard about the steambox being a gaming pc type of thing but not to sure. What should I do I'm really lost.
---
Life goes on and all we can hope for is the best...
#2MannerHatcheryPosted 10/8/2013 4:59:53 PM
Sell the Macbook (resell value is good), buy a good cheap laptop for school and put the rest towards a gaming PC. That's what I'd do anyway.
---
Winter is coming
#3xSoldier24x(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 5:04:21 PM
MannerHatchery posted...
Sell the Macbook (resell value is good), buy a good cheap laptop for school and put the rest towards a gaming PC. That's what I'd do anyway.

Can't really sell macbook it's been doing me wonders soda and its really been holding up to my work. Any other suggestions. I really would like to get into pc gaming this gen.
---
Life goes on and all we can hope for is the best...
#4cuteboi100Posted 10/8/2013 5:11:34 PM
What kind of games do you want to play?
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#5TheMisfitPosted 10/8/2013 5:25:58 PM
first world prob-- eh nvrmnd.
---
GameFAQs fanboy for 12 years.
#6kill2thisPosted 10/8/2013 7:07:12 PM
Get a job, get money. Alternatively if you can't afford gaming find another hobby.
Before you say I'm being a dick whilst I was at university I worked 30 hours per week.
#7Tyranius2Posted 10/8/2013 7:11:12 PM
xSoldier24x posted...
MannerHatchery posted...

Can't really sell macbook it's been doing me wonders soda and its really been holding up to my work. Any other suggestions. I really would like to get into pc gaming this gen.

Then you don't have what it takes to be a PC gamer. There's the door.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#8SmudgieMuffinsPosted 10/8/2013 7:33:22 PM
I don't know what sort of advice you want. Computers cost money, there's no tricks for getting around that. At least not legal ones.
#9NicodimusPosted 10/8/2013 7:34:48 PM
Get a job? Sell some of your stuff on Ebay? Sell your body on the street? How badly do you want this?
---
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#10MasterDonGeroPosted 10/8/2013 7:39:48 PM
Is it just me, or is this common f***ing sense? When you boil it down, this really doesn't have anything to do with PC gaming.

If you don't have the money to pay for something, sell something you have. If you can't sell anything, then start saving whatever you can. If you can't save, then take out a loan. If you can't take out a loan, steal. If you can't steal, then you can't get it.

You should rethink paying money for school if you don't understand things like this by now. You obviously aren't learning s***.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom