This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Building my first pc this weekend and have a quick question?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Building my first pc this weekend and have a quick question?

User Info: gamesisgood

gamesisgood
3 years ago#1
Well 2 questions actually.

1. Im helping a buddy build a pc. I have never done it before but watched some of the vids that i have seen recommended on here and feel fairly confident. But one thing i noticed is it looked like the guy in one of the videos was using a magnetic screw driver? Am i mistaken or is that safe to do? I worked on aircraft in the military and we had to be careful with magnets around alot of components so I want to do a quick check.

2. Say i wanted to build a pc that can run every game out right now. Not necessarily on ultra settings but would like it to be decent. IE im excited for bf4. I have a budget of 800 dollars. Is this possible ? have about 200 dollars wiggle room if needed. Anyone know of any bundles that might be a good idea?

Thanks in advance.
The Dude abides.

User Info: cuteboi100

cuteboi100
3 years ago#2
Yes, it is doable if you ask someone on this board nicely to put together a build for you.

I would love to but not today.
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage

User Info: Moorish_Idol

Moorish_Idol
3 years ago#3
1. Don't use a magnetic screwdriver. Also ideally use an insulated screwdriver.

2. That's plenty money if it doesn't count monitor, speakers, etc. My current build was $900 for all the components + W7 and can run everything on high or ultra.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 years ago#4
Do you need a monitor, mouse, keyboard and OS?
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.

User Info: fatali

fatali
3 years ago#5
Screwdrivers with magnetic tips are safe to use on PCs.
Mystery is the source of all true science.

User Info: gamesisgood

gamesisgood
3 years ago#6
ohh sorry my actualy budget is 1000 because id like to get a new montior but i do have an old one that will do if needed. and I do need an OS .... have mouse but no keyboard... Very sorry for not mentioning that lol. Thanks for the replies
The Dude abides.

User Info: mrCube

mrCube
3 years ago#7
fatali posted...

Yup
---

User Info: VIP86

VIP86
3 years ago#8
fatali posted...

This. I've seen many youtube videos of people using magnetic tip screw drivers. Use them myself on 2 builds, nothing wrong.
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
3 years ago#9
My current build was almost exactly 1000 dollars.... that's not counting the second gtx 670 that I got later and that included monitor.

ill be honest I didn't pay for Windows 7 though. Wait closer to the holiday season and black Friday and new years sales. I got a lot of it at a discount.
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Building my first pc this weekend and have a quick question?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived