This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

darksiders 2 worth 6 bucks?

#11jakisthePosted 10/8/2013 7:43:58 PM
Well hmm. Perhaps "far" wasn't the best word, but I found 2 to have:
-better combat
-better weapons
-better skills
-better dungeons
-better bosses
-a better world
-better side stuff
-more variety
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#12ZeraphLordSPosted 10/8/2013 7:45:43 PM
Combo potential went up (relative to the first) with the addition of cancelling, but transparent time wasting puzzles made it a drag and the loot felt superfluous.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#13AnimorganimatePosted 10/8/2013 8:05:19 PM
jakisthe posted...
Well hmm. Perhaps "far" wasn't the best word, but I found 2 to have:
-better combat
-better weapons
-better skills
-better dungeons
-better bosses
-a better world
-better side stuff
-more variety

I think the Darksiders series has been excellent. Each installment highlighted that particular Horseman's singularities, and felt distinctive enough to remind you they are different characters. War was more powerful, and didn't need as much platforming; whereas Death was more agile and could jump-puzzle his way out of anything. I don't think one game was necessarily better than the other, it just depends on what character you enjoy playing more.

Darksiders has become on of my favorite series of this generation, and I'm sad we won't be seeing the other two Horseman's stories anytime soon (if at all).
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#14_Killzor_Posted 10/8/2013 9:12:40 PM
If you have an Nvidia card, go into control panel and set Max Pre-Rendered Frames to "1". It fixes a major stuttering bug with the camera.
#15shanestathamPosted 10/9/2013 12:54:04 AM
Its an amazing game. Music is epic (Guardian Theme). Gameplay is much improved from the 1st and yeah just an all round cool game.

Wish somebody would keep the franchise going! They still have 2 characters left to do!
#1601Philip01Posted 10/9/2013 6:38:58 AM
Where's this deal?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#17Fade2black001Posted 10/9/2013 6:40:23 AM
nope. Its an overrated games. Its just an inferior God of War game.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#18El_ZaggyPosted 10/9/2013 6:41:03 AM
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

there is the deal

Ive been wondering for a few days now if I should buy it
#19AnimorganimatePosted 10/9/2013 7:32:15 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
It's nothing like a God of War game, and should more accurately be compared to Prince of Persia/Zelda if anything, even though the series does a superb job of combining different game elements to create a fresh action adventure game.

FTFY
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#2001Philip01Posted 10/9/2013 7:48:00 AM
Is this the cheapest it's ever been?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12