This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stalker games worth playing?

#11biohazard1775Posted 10/8/2013 9:48:21 PM
Haven't played that much of it but it's definitely a very interesting experience trying to figure out the world on your own.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
#12Oakland510_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 9:49:11 PM
So which one is the best to get if I had to choose one? I want to play a new game badly even if its not on sale
#13DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/8/2013 9:52:40 PM
Shadow Over Chernobyl is widely regarded as the best.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#14DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/8/2013 10:04:06 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Minor nitpick but it's "Shadow of Chernobyl".

To be honest, I think that its regarded as the best because more people have played it. Call of Pripyat is better in many ways but it wasn't the unique butterfly the original was.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#15PathlessBulletPosted 10/8/2013 10:08:20 PM
CoP has the more refined gameplay, but SoC has the better plot and atmosphere overall.

Clear Sky was just bad IMO. Felt like CoD.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#16AllHailTheDead6Posted 10/8/2013 10:20:18 PM
CoP or bust

F SoC loading screens.....although I have a way stronger computer know so who knows it might not be as bad
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#17dekouPosted 10/9/2013 12:41:16 AM
An SSD really helps with loading times. CoP is the best one IMO, but SoC definitely has its merits.

You could use the Complete mod for SoC. It's generally a graphics mod, but makes some small gameplay alterations, too. I'd say it's fine even for the first playthrough.
#18DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/9/2013 1:02:16 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Minor nitpick but it's "Shadow of Chernobyl".

To be honest, I think that its regarded as the best because more people have played it. Call of Pripyat is better in many ways but it wasn't the unique butterfly the original was.

Don't know how I've had that mixed up for the last... ~6 years?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#19NingishzidaPosted 10/9/2013 1:59:58 AM
Every STALKER series game is worth playing, GSC always mixed it up so they all offer pros and cons.

dekou posted...
You could use the Complete mod for SoC. It's generally a graphics mod, but makes some small gameplay alterations, too. I'd say it's fine even for the first playthrough.

lolComplete

if you wanna keep the vanilla feel then you're better off using absolute textures/structures for the visual side and ZRP for fixes and overall adjustments to game-play.

Complete is complete trash: it isn't up-to-date, introduces new bugs and is visually inauthentic.

STALKER mods are a jungle but SoC is the best game to play heavily modded, Russian uber-overhauls OGSE and AMK irrefutably make SoC the best SP FPS experience out there as anyone who is hardcore enough to have installed, configured and played thru them multiple times knows.

OGSE > AMK now due to rock solid stability, tons of extra content and higher configurability. AMK still has a specific charm, though.
#20chaosdragon919Posted 10/9/2013 3:04:49 AM
There's a few bugs that can be annoying, but overall, some of my favorite fps's.
---
Needs more books.