This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bluescreen of Death while playing Dolphin.

#11luigi33(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 7:34:35 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Update video drivers.
This is almost always the problem.

If that doesn't solve it, move to chipset drivers and audio drivers.

And never let Windows update your drivers through Windows update.

Oh crap I just did that.

(General windows updates, not graphics, audios, chipsetS)
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
Steam ID: xcyper33
#12SinisterSlayPosted 10/9/2013 7:37:19 AM(edited)
luigi33 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Update video drivers.
This is almost always the problem.

If that doesn't solve it, move to chipset drivers and audio drivers.

And never let Windows update your drivers through Windows update.

Oh crap I just did that.

(General windows updates, not graphics, audios, chipsetS)

Try checking your video drivers, use the latest version. Or in the case of nVidia, use the 314 version since we know those are stable.

The windows versions are always bad, but I have had it install older versions of the drivers on me, and in some cases wreck them entirely as it copied the DLL files, but didn't update the applications with it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#13happyscrub1Posted 10/9/2013 7:37:38 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
And never let Windows update your drivers through Windows update

I never manually updated my drivers and never had a driver problem in over 10 years of gaming
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#14happyscrub1Posted 10/9/2013 7:38:16 AM
Check your PC for dust on the inside. That can cause your computer to overheat and crash.
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#15SinisterSlayPosted 10/9/2013 7:41:00 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
And never let Windows update your drivers through Windows update

I never manually updated my drivers and never had a driver problem in over 10 years of gaming

I think if you always do it, your fine since you will still progress forward in versions. It's only when windows update tries to install an older version that you have trouble.

It also doesn't seem to affect AMD like it does nVidia. I can only guess that is because nVidia has accompanying applications that inject extra functionality, whereas Catalyst is actually optional, you can just right click the INF file for the AMD drivers and choose install and be done with it. (however, I haven't done this for 2 years, a lot may have changed)
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence