This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why does it seem like everytime I want a game, I just missed the sale?

#1Carbon_DeoxxysPosted 10/9/2013 10:33:17 AM
Natural Selection 2 was just on sale

so was sword of the stars the pit

Then it seems like L4D2 will never SALE!
#2MI2DragonPosted 10/9/2013 10:39:59 AM(edited)
Because you don't remember the games that you did buy in a sale. Also, there are sales on PC games to be found every single day which would increase the chance of this happening.

Oh sorry, was this a rhetorical question?
---
100 percent of the people I asked, would recommend this sig to their friends.
#3codyorrPosted 10/9/2013 10:35:46 AM
This doesn't happen to people who buy boxed games. We almost never get sales. So chill out and get a job hippie.
#4Cool_Dude667Posted 10/9/2013 10:36:20 AM
codyorr posted...
This doesn't happen to people who buy boxed games. We almost never get sales. So chill out and get a job hippie.

Nobody buys boxed games though.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#5Ch3wyPosted 10/9/2013 10:36:48 AM
Isn't L4D2 one of the most frequent games to go on sale?

I bought it for $10 five or six years ago.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#6arleasPosted 10/9/2013 10:40:26 AM
Put the game you want on your wishlist and keep an eye on your email. Steam will email you when the game you want goes on sale.

As a side-effect, if you have generous friends, they can also see you want the game and maybe buy it for you.

Another possibility (for the truly hardcore steam addict) would be to have steam tweets forwarded to your phone in the form of texts, so that the minute it goes on sale you're notified.
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png
#7staticxtreme5Posted 10/9/2013 10:45:43 AM
I feel the same way. At the beginning of the year I wanted fallout 3 and NV so bad but it never went on sale. I stopped watching and sure enough it went on sale for really cheap a little while back. I started looking for it again about a month ago and haven't seen either on sale since. One day I will own them....
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#8Carbon_Deoxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 10:46:19 AM
codyorr posted...

I have a job, I just have something called bills, I cant just blow all my money on games because Im not a highschool kid who can use all his money on pleasure
#9Carbon_Deoxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 10:51:57 AM
staticxtreme5 posted...
I feel the same way. At the beginning of the year I wanted fallout 3 and NV so bad but it never went on sale. I stopped watching and sure enough it went on sale for really cheap a little while back. I started looking for it again about a month ago and haven't seen either on sale since. One day I will own them....

funny a boxed copy of fallout 3 is 5 bucks used.
#10staticxtreme5Posted 10/9/2013 10:54:03 AM
Carbon_Deoxxys posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...

funny a boxed copy of fallout 3 is 5 bucks used.

Don't want it used, nor boxed. I want a Steam copy. Not to mention I was mostly referring to the GotY editions with all the DLC.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12