This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on Surface Pro?

#11HistoryLizard(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 5:33:46 PM
wizardmon posted...
HistoryLizard posted...
How well does the stylus work? I wanted to give it a shot on the demo unit, but they didn't have one to use. Being a student, I was thinking it would be a better way to write out notes and draw out diagrams during my last year of classes.

The stylus is probably the best selling point for the Surface, it's very accurate, can be used in Photoshop, is pressure sensitive, captures handwriting perfectly.

The only downside to the stylus is you have to train yourself to have the pen vertical to the screen, because if you hold it at a angle it confuses the sensors.

How do you mean confusing the sensors? Is it ever a problem, or just something to keep in mind? Thanks again =D
---
"I thought this was going to be an environmental mod with Al Gore the Nord talking about Mammoth farts causing the icebergs to melt." ~ alehm
#12wizardmonPosted 10/9/2013 6:48:17 PM
HistoryLizard posted...
wizardmon posted...
HistoryLizard posted...
How well does the stylus work? I wanted to give it a shot on the demo unit, but they didn't have one to use. Being a student, I was thinking it would be a better way to write out notes and draw out diagrams during my last year of classes.

The stylus is probably the best selling point for the Surface, it's very accurate, can be used in Photoshop, is pressure sensitive, captures handwriting perfectly.

The only downside to the stylus is you have to train yourself to have the pen vertical to the screen, because if you hold it at a angle it confuses the sensors.

How do you mean confusing the sensors? Is it ever a problem, or just something to keep in mind? Thanks again =D

Here's a video of me writing in Onenote: http://youtu.be/4GvZS6lKPUA

And when I say confuse the sensor I mean that the pointer won't appear exactly where the tip of the pen is when held at an angle. You can sorta see it in the video as I was holding it at an angle, although that's a bad video to show that effect. It's not really something that effects you when writing text, and I only ever really noticed it when I was using the stylus to pinpoint click on small hypertext links in a browser.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#13cynicwithin2000Posted 10/9/2013 6:54:23 PM
I've had a surface pro for almost a year now and really love it. The keyboard takes some getting used to, but after a while, it is no problem. The stylus is great and battery life is decent - mine lasts about 4hrs on a charge. Plus, I've heard battery life is much better on surface 2.
---
i7-4770k @4.4Ghz | AsRock z87 OC Formula | Corsair 16GB@1600 | H100i | AX1200i | 500GB 840evo ssd | 5TB 7200rpm | EVGA GTX 780 Classified SLI | ASUS 2560x1440 |
#14animanganimePosted 10/9/2013 7:25:09 PM
Can someone explain to me the selling points of a surface over an ultrabook?
---
WC i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz, 2x GTX 670 DirectCU II, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16GB G.Skill 1600 DDR3, Zalman 1000W PSU, Cosmos 1000 Case, HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 IPS