This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I guess you can't buy a 2 pack of a game as a Steam gift?

#1KisaiPosted 10/9/2013 10:37:30 PM
I already have Skullgirls, and was going to get the 2 pack and give it to 2 people I know. But it won't let me purchase the 2 pack at all. Not for myself, nor as a gift. I can add the single game and purchase as a gift, but it won't let me buy the 2 pack... Is there something I'm missing?
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#22Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 10/9/2013 10:40:56 PM
I think when you buy the 2 pack it automatically gives you a copy and one to gift so it won't let you buy it against cause one copy would have to go to you but you already have it.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#3Kisai(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 10:42:29 PM
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
I think when you buy the 2 pack it automatically gives you a copy and one to gift so it won't let you buy it against cause one copy would have to go to you but you already have it.

Oohhh... Most likely... Damnit... Oh well...
---
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?
#4IBKNAWTUPosted 10/9/2013 11:56:30 PM

This is correct.
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#5Skul_Posted 10/10/2013 2:49:43 AM
IBKNAWTU posted...

This is correct.

That is lame
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
#6FaPaThYPosted 10/10/2013 4:43:32 AM(edited)
It's pretty obvious why they don't let you do this with 2/4-packs. People would then just buy these in bulk during sales and resell them for profit. It's meant for an easy way to get both you and some friends all playing a game together for a bit cheaper.

For the TC, you can just give one of your friends money to buy the 2-pack and tell him to give the extra copy to your other friend.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/