This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This weekend is going to be a hard one...

#1DragonRaizenPosted 10/10/2013 11:28:12 AM
Gotta decide between the following...

Crysis Warhead - haven't even played through 1 yet.
Humble Weekly Sale
Guild Wars 2 - I quite enjoyed the game after the free trial
Project Zomboid - ungh, still have to get this one.

And the Capcom sale might surprise me.
Any advice/sympathy/barely hidden contempt-ridden jokes?
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#2DerPancakePosted 10/10/2013 11:53:46 AM(edited)
Play Guild of Wars 2 until you get bored.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#3Tyranius2Posted 10/10/2013 11:53:51 AM
Get a job and buy them all.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#4DragonRaizen(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 11:56:23 AM
Tyranius2 posted...
Get a job and buy them all.

Barely hidden contempt it is! You're the winner sir, here's your cookie!
---
-FREEZE!
Marvin
#5Tyranius2Posted 10/10/2013 11:59:12 AM
Uhh.. no contempt at all. If you can't afford the games you want, get a job or if you already have one, get a better job. I don't even have a job and I could buy all of those if I wanted to.

Just looking to help out.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#6DragonRaizen(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 1:03:56 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
Uhh.. no contempt at all. If you can't afford the games you want, get a job or if you already have one, get a better job. I don't even have a job and I could buy all of those if I wanted to.

Priorities, good sir. I suppose you're not foolish enough to suppose I blow all my money on games?
---
-FREEZE!
Marvin
#7MarceloSampaioPosted 10/10/2013 1:21:22 PM(edited)
Tyranius2 posted...

You are a kid, aren't you? 'Cause you sound like a kid who still get money from mommy and pappy.

This "get a better job" sugestion is ridiculous. We live in a world where you can't get a better job easily. Hell, if it WAS easy, everyone would have great jobs, everyone would be happy, the world would be a rainbow.

Things are not as easy as you think.

Me, I have a job. And a wife. And kids. And I have to pay the bills, buy groceries, pay for upgrades for my PC, buy gas for my car, pay for my kid's education, etc.

And I don't have a bad job. It was the best one I could get, and its good enough for me to have my own place (a 3 bedroom apartment, BTW) and to live without having to ask mommy to give me money. But I have PRIORITIES. I can't go ahead and buy all the games I want, since other things are now more important.

The adult life is a LOT different than what you have in your head. It sucks, BTW. :p

ANYWAY. TC, I would go for Guild Wars 2. Its an amazing experience while it lasts. And while it DOES gets boring after a while, its VERY fun. And its a MMORPG without subscription, while not being a pay-to-win kind of game. :)

---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#8Ch3wyPosted 10/10/2013 1:25:45 PM
MarceloSampaio posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

You are a kid, aren't you? 'Cause you sound like a kid who still get money from mommy and pappy.

This "get a better job" sugestion is ridiculous. We live in a world where you can't get a better job easily. Hell, if it WAS easy, everyone would have great jobs, everyone would be happy, the world would be a rainbow.

Things are not as easy as you think.

Me, I have a job. And a wife. And kids. And I have to pay the bills, buy groceries, pay for upgrades for my PC, buy gas for my car, pay for my kid's education, etc.

And I don't have a bad job. It was the best one I could get, and its good enough for me to have my own place (a 3 bedroom apartment, BTW) and to live without having to ask mommy to give me money. But I have PRIORITIES. I can't go ahead and buy all the games I want, since other things are now more important.

The adult life is a LOT different than what you have in your head. It sucks, BTW. :p

ANYWAY. TC, I would go for Guild Wars 2. Its an amazing experience while it lasts. And while it DOES gets boring after a while, its VERY fun. And its a MMORPG without subscription, while not being a pay-to-win kind of game. :)

Adult life is very easy for me because I haven't gone and done something stupid like starting a family.

I can go to bed whenever I want and drink beer on weekdays.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#9JKatarnPosted 10/10/2013 1:32:24 PM
Tyranius2 posted...

Lol, telling someone to "get a job" or "get a better" job as a suggestion as to which game to buy is not helping out, it's bitter snark. Also, he/she may have a good job/may not have the option to get a better job etc. at the moment or just doesn't want/can't spend all their disposable money on games. People have bills/social lives/other hobbies - this may shock you.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#10JKatarnPosted 10/10/2013 1:35:15 PM(edited)
DragonRaizen posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

Priorities, good sir. I suppose you're not foolish enough to suppose I blow all my money on games?

I believe this is the poster who said something to the effect that it's perfectly fine to use the body of a passed out woman as your personal sexual playground if she drinks herself into unconsciousness - not exactly someone I would lend much credence to.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES