This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This weekend is going to be a hard one...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. This weekend is going to be a hard one...

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
3 years ago#11
MarceloSampaio posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
Uhh.. no contempt at all. If you can't afford the games you want, get a job or if you already have one, get a better job. I don't even have a job and I could buy all of those if I wanted to.

Just looking to help out.

You are a kid, aren't you? 'Cause you sound like a kid who still get money from mommy and pappy.

This "get a better job" sugestion is ridiculous. We live in a world where you can't get a better job easily. Hell, if it WAS easy, everyone would have great jobs, everyone would be happy, the world would be a rainbow.

Things are not as easy as you think.

Me, I have a job. And a wife. And kids. And I have to pay the bills, buy groceries, pay for upgrades for my PC, buy gas for my car, pay for my kid's education, etc.

And I don't have a bad job. It was the best one I could get, and its good enough for me to have my own place (a 3 bedroom apartment, BTW) and to live without having to ask mommy to give me money. But I have PRIORITIES. I can't go ahead and buy all the games I want, since other things are now more important.

The adult life is a LOT different than what you have in your head. It sucks, BTW. :p

ANYWAY. TC, I would go for Guild Wars 2. Its an amazing experience while it lasts. And while it DOES gets boring after a while, its VERY fun. And its a MMORPG without subscription, while not being a pay-to-win kind of game. :)

Well boo freaking hoo. I'm not really a kid [23 years old] but I am still supported by my parents. Why should I rush to struggle with bills if I wasn't born into poverty? People these days are so silly, they want to get out of their parents' house as fast as they can [I don't live with my parents btw] and live 10 times worse than they used to, just so they can call themselves "independent adults". You keep calling yourself adult while I live better than you simply because I don't cater to society's norms.

And I'm with Ch3wy, having a family is a bad idea. At least for someone like me.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 years ago#12
Tyranius2 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
Uhh.. no contempt at all. If you can't afford the games you want, get a job or if you already have one, get a better job. I don't even have a job and I could buy all of those if I wanted to.

You are a kid, aren't you? 'Cause you sound like a kid who still get money from mommy and pappy.

This "get a better job" sugestion is ridiculous. We live in a world where you can't get a better job easily. Hell, if it WAS easy, everyone would have great jobs, everyone would be happy, the world would be a rainbow.

Me, I have a job. And a wife. And kids. And I have to pay the bills, buy groceries, pay for upgrades for my PC, buy gas for my car, pay for my kid's education, etc.

And I don't have a bad job. It was the best one I could get, and its good enough for me to have my own place (a 3 bedroom apartment, BTW) and to live without having to ask mommy to give me money. But I have PRIORITIES. I can't go ahead and buy all the games I want, since other things are now more important.

The adult life is a LOT different than what you have in your head. It sucks, BTW. :p

ANYWAY. TC, I would go for Guild Wars 2. Its an amazing experience while it lasts. And while it DOES gets boring after a while, its VERY fun. And its a MMORPG without subscription, while not being a pay-to-win kind of game. :)

Well boo freaking hoo. I'm not really a kid [23 years old] but I am still supported by my parents. Why should I rush to struggle with bills if I wasn't born into poverty? People these days are so silly, they want to get out of their parents' house as fast as they can [I don't live with my parents btw] and live 10 times worse than they used to, just so they can call themselves "independent adults". You keep calling yourself adult while I live better than you simply because I don't cater to society's norms.

And I'm with Ch3wy, having a family is a bad idea. At least for someone like me.

Then you really have no right to give anyone career/financial advice do you. As for not having a family - that's good, if only more unfit parents had done the sensible thing and not pumped out kids for the welfare money.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#13
I might have missed it, but why is the Humble weekly in this list of options? It can quite literally cost you a buck...
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
3 years ago#14
JKatarn posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

Then you really have no right to give anyone career/financial advice do you. As for not having a family - that's good, if only more unfit parents had done the sensible thing and not pumped out kids for the welfare money.

Now this is what I'd call barely hidden contempt
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
3 years ago#15
Tyranius2 posted...

Wowee you're spoiled.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: DragonRaizen

DragonRaizen
3 years ago#16
KillerTruffle posted...
I might have missed it, but why is the Humble weekly in this list of options? It can quite literally cost you a buck...

True, I guess. I might be just overwhelmed with the number of deals.
I also forgot to add Call of Juarez back on GetGames.

Seems Guild Wars 2 is the optimal choice.

Also, this topic is going places, and as much as I enjoy a discussion, I'll spare everyone the stress of arguing online. At least in this topic.
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. This weekend is going to be a hard one...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived