This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Management Games For Mom?

#1secv99Posted 10/10/2013 11:03:58 AM
Hello! I'm trying to find some games for my mom to play, and I think something slower paced with management elements would be good. She doesn't play much, so games with a low barrier to entry are a must. Games that use a full 3D perspective are probably not a good idea.

So far all I have come up with is games in the Sim City series. Game Dev Tycoon also came up, but I don't think she'd be interested in the theme. RTS's are out since she wouldn't be able to keep up. I'd like to recommend Advance Wars, but she probably won't be into the war games aspect. Sim Hospital is another alternative, but I played it and the controls/interface haven't aged well.

Does anyone have some suggestions for games, old or new, that I could get for her to play?
#2Mudkipz6255Posted 10/10/2013 11:07:28 AM
Something like Cake Mania or Diner Dash might work.
#3Ch3wyPosted 10/10/2013 11:08:33 AM
In Euro Truck Simulator 2 you can manage your own trucking company as well as drive your own. I think your mom would like to drive her own truck in Europe.

Make sure to get the Going East expansion so that it is easier to avoid driving in Great Britain.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4DerPancakePosted 10/10/2013 11:15:13 AM
Ch3wy posted...
In Euro Truck Simulator 2 you can manage your own trucking company as well as drive your own. I think your mom would like to drive her own truck in Europe.

Make sure to get the Going East expansion so that it is easier to avoid driving in Great Britain.

I'm still waiting for American Truck Simulator.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#5NicodimusPosted 10/10/2013 11:16:02 AM
Cooking Mama?

*ducks flying shoe*
---
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#6Carbon_DeoxxysPosted 10/10/2013 11:22:04 AM
remember sim theme park? Yeah that the only game my mom ever played/got addicted to.

As kids me and my brothers would be begging her to get off the computer so we could have our turn.
#7MarceloSampaioPosted 10/10/2013 11:24:04 AM
OpenTTD is amazing. Its not hard to get into, and she can play for quite a while. :)

The gameplay is amazing. This game is actually a freeware version of Transports Tycoon Deluxe (it was a port, now its a standalone game that doesn't use copyrighted material), so if you know TTD, you'll be at home with OpenTTD.

In case you don't know, its a game where you manage a transports company. You can have buses and trucks, trains, planes, ships and helicopters, and you have to create transportation lines to earn money. For example: you can use a train to get oil from the oil rig, take it to the refinery, then transport the manufactured goods to sell in the city. And while you are in the city, you can take passengers to another city that sits in the way back to the oil rigs.

And the game has TONS of options: You can generate HUGE maps, can change the limits on how many vehicles you can have, you can help cities develop, you can create new factories (or make them go broke by ignoring them). You can compete with AI players, or play by yourself without having to worry with opponents stealing your plans... Basically, you play exactly like YOU wanna play. :)
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#8MR_SMITHNESSPosted 10/10/2013 11:26:24 AM
Recipe King '13
#9MarceloSampaioPosted 10/10/2013 11:29:33 AM
BTW, have you ever tried The Sims 2? Yeah, its in 3D, but the interface is easy to use. My mom plays The Sims 2 like hell, and she loves the Open for Business expansion.

Oh, and try giving her some 3D point-and-click adventures. My mom LOVES Broken Sword, Gabriel Knight and The Book of Unwritten Tales (this one is in 3D, but plays like 2D games. ;)
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#10MR_SMITHNESSPosted 10/10/2013 11:30:38 AM
Knitting master 2k