This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Management Games For Mom?

#11MarceloSampaioPosted 10/10/2013 11:36:28 AM
MR_SMITHNESS posted...
Knitting master 2k

Nope, you are still not funny.
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#12BogePosted 10/10/2013 11:40:30 AM
My mom has been playing Plants vs Zombies for like 2 years now. She won't seem to play anything else. I got her to play through Defense Grid and she liked it, but then she went right back to Plants vs Zombies. I've tried other games, Civilization, Heroes of Might and Magic, FTL, Monkey Island. She just plays Plants vs Zombies.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#13MR_SMITHNESSPosted 10/10/2013 11:49:16 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
MR_SMITHNESS posted...
Knitting master 2k

Nope, you are still not funny.

Maybe you can do better?
#14Maiken100Posted 10/10/2013 11:51:36 AM
How about an easy RTS like Warcraft 2?
---
Next Gen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJt3TOFUxPs
#152Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 10/10/2013 11:53:42 AM
Roller Coaster Tycoon 1/2/3
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#16MarceloSampaioPosted 10/10/2013 12:05:58 PM(edited)
Maiken100 posted...
How about an easy RTS like Warcraft 2?

I wouldn't say Warcraft 2 is easy. In fact, I thought it was quite challenging when I played it. Not as much as the first one, but still challenging enough for me to see the gameover screen a few times.

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
Roller Coaster Tycoon 1/2/3

I actually second this recommendation. The first two games are very easy to get into, and are REALLY fun to play. They use the same engine (and same interface) as Transports Tycoon Deluxe, btw.

The third game is also great, but its in 3D, and takes a while to get used to the controls. My mom LOVED all 3 games, but it actually took a while for her to get used with RTC3's interface.

---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#17Doomsday FortePosted 10/10/2013 12:28:48 PM
Have you considered a few non-sim games? My mom when she did play played the hell out of Bejeweled and Peggle. Maybe work her up to Puzzle Quest or something, if she can handle the light RPG aspects and stuff. I'd look on puzzles a bit, since those are typically as low as the barrier to entry gets. Everyone loves them some puzzle games. If she has Steam, look in the Casual category or Puzzle or whatever and see if anything sounds good.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#18Cool_Dude667Posted 10/10/2013 2:06:42 PM
Boge posted...
My mom has been playing Plants vs Zombies for like 2 years now. She won't seem to play anything else. I got her to play through Defense Grid and she liked it, but then she went right back to Plants vs Zombies. I've tried other games, Civilization, Heroes of Might and Magic, FTL, Monkey Island. She just plays Plants vs Zombies.

Same here, my mom is addicted to PvZ, only game she would ever consider playing.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#19secv99(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 2:21:55 PM
Doomsday Forte posted...
Have you considered a few non-sim games? My mom when she did play played the hell out of Bejeweled and Peggle. Maybe work her up to Puzzle Quest or something, if she can handle the light RPG aspects and stuff. I'd look on puzzles a bit, since those are typically as low as the barrier to entry gets. Everyone loves them some puzzle games. If she has Steam, look in the Casual category or Puzzle or whatever and see if anything sounds good.

Yeah, she already plays Zuma and Bejeweled and I'm pretty sure I convinced her to pick up Peggle but I don't think she's played it yet.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I've got a few games I can recommend now.
#20thatauthorPosted 10/10/2013 3:32:11 PM
what about turnbased strategy games like freeciv?
---
Chill out, dude, chill out. ~ guns