This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When I see people complain about humble bundles, I see why piracy is rampant.

#1BendoHendoPosted 10/10/2013 7:38:30 PM
People literally complain about getting A-quality games, sometimes AAA-quality games, for $1. Not just one game, but a handful of games for a $1. A dollar that part of which goes to charity.

That's not enough, they want more. Some say it in jest, but there are people out there who actually believe Starcraft should be in the humble bundle.

Do you know what else you can get for a $1? A small hamburger. Probably not even a small hamburger in California.

Yet you're getting multiple commercial grade projects that teams of artists, programmers, moddlers, and composers spent years developing for $1.

We live in the I'm-entitled-to-something-for-nothing generation.

--
#2DerPancakePosted 10/10/2013 7:39:45 PM(edited)
This is why poor people should be rejected from hospitals for being too poor.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#3JudgmenlPosted 10/10/2013 7:51:18 PM
It's more about being self entitled. Most PC gamers are really self entitled to the point where they have 100 game backlogs because they buy B-grade games for $1 and never play them because they're on Steam.

Yet people complain that we don't get good games anymore.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://puu.sh/4AoGC.png - Opinions =/= Truth.
#4NicoC96Posted 10/10/2013 7:57:25 PM
I got the new weekly just for Cities XL Platinum. I like city builders And lets face it, even if I don't like the game, it was $1 and I got a bunch of other games in the bundle as well.
#5wizardmonPosted 10/10/2013 7:59:48 PM(edited)
If it's not a game I'm looking forward to it I don't value it, naturally if there is a humble bundle with Five or Six games that I don't care about at all I won't pay anything more than a dollar for them. Actually, I probably wouldn't buy them unless I was just trying to get games on Steam that can drop cards - make a profit off of idling the games.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#6PanopictonguyPosted 10/10/2013 8:02:56 PM
What about B- quality games?

Could not have just called it "high" quality. Triple A is its own thing. There isn't some weird system of Triple A through F.
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#7urtvPosted 10/10/2013 8:03:13 PM
just because you think those games are aaa quality doesnt mean i think they are as well
#8MasterDonGeroPosted 10/10/2013 8:36:31 PM
So if I want a certain game to be in a Humble Bundle, I'm self-entitled? Hmm.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#9synthetiksinPosted 10/10/2013 8:48:46 PM
I've literally never heard anyone complain about the humble bundle.
#10LordOfLegaciesPosted 10/10/2013 9:03:55 PM
BendoHendo posted...
People literally complain about getting A-quality games, sometimes AAA-quality games, for $1

I think you seriously over estimate the quality of indie games, most of which are lazy garbage.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.