This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When I see people complain about humble bundles, I see why piracy is rampant.

#11JKatarnPosted 10/10/2013 9:44:51 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
BendoHendo posted...
People literally complain about getting A-quality games, sometimes AAA-quality games, for $1

I think you seriously over estimate the quality of indie games, most of which are lazy garbage.

Not enough explosions, set pieces and voice acting for you? There are certainly more than a few so-so or bad indie games, but I've had been FAR more entertained by the independent games in my collection on average than the formulaic AAA titles you lap up (not that AAA titles can't be entertaining). Also, you know Unity, UDK and more than a few other devkits are available for free, right? Let's see what you come up with on a minimal budget...we're waiting.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#12mikewu1Posted 10/10/2013 10:05:29 PM
DerPancake posted...
This is why poor people should be rejected from hospitals for being too poor.

happens in china all the time
#13OrgeLambartPosted 10/11/2013 12:09:09 AM
this is what I've been saying about PC gaming for years now, people won't even want to pay a single dollar to grab 5 average, good, great games in some cases. Then they scratch their head and wonder why publishers and developers abandon PC gaming and focus on console gaming.

The bundles are great, if you have an issue with paying 6.10 cent to grab a few pretty decent games, you really need to reevaluate their financial situation. Unfortunately some people will think paying anything is too much so long as piracy exist. Why pay for something I can get for free.

Oh well, what can you do,
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#14lionheart5656Posted 10/11/2013 12:14:54 AM
Piracy isn't rampant.

Little known fact: The music industry *****ed and moaned about radio when it first came out saying that them playing music on the radio would destroy the industry. It turns out that it boosted sales astronomically.

The only reason they ***** at all these days is because they want to delay the freedom of digital. The reason? They get licensing fees when only certain players can play their cds.

They know now what they figured out with the radio. Allowing people to access content unofficially actually boosts sales. Try before you buy just like any other market on earth since cavemen days.

They just don't want to lose the licensing fees because they are greedy little ********.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#15Kosba_2142Posted 10/11/2013 12:25:38 AM
So just because I don't want the games in that bundle makes me a pirate? I don't care about the price, but I don't particularly care for any of those games, especially when they're hard-setting the value.
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#16rpgianPosted 10/11/2013 12:30:29 AM
^ Also the true charity is coming from the department of revenue. You just know EA is chalking it up as giving $59 away each sale. Some negative tax play. Brb going to go donate a warehouse full of fair market valued $200 vcr's to the schools as I have a lot of gains to offset from bluray players.
#17OrgeLambartPosted 10/11/2013 12:46:44 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
Piracy isn't rampant.

Little known fact: The music industry *****ed and moaned about radio when it first came out saying that them playing music on the radio would destroy the industry. It turns out that it boosted sales astronomically.

The only reason they ***** at all these days is because they want to delay the freedom of digital. The reason? They get licensing fees when only certain players can play their cds.

They know now what they figured out with the radio. Allowing people to access content unofficially actually boosts sales. Try before you buy just like any other market on earth since cavemen days.

They just don't want to lose the licensing fees because they are greedy little ********.

I'm sorry but most music people aren't complaining about Youtube, they complain about piracy where people can download the full length song in top quality and keep it for free. If you wanted to try the song you could easily watch it on Youtube as just about every major music act has their own official youtube page. Even many indie bands have boats loads of music on Youtube.

As for games, you have a point, too many games are lacking demos on the pc. I know if I could have tried a few games I wouldn't have purchased them that is for sure. Although stealing is stealing, no matter how you try to rationalize it, if you take something without paying you have stolen it.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#18lionheart5656Posted 10/11/2013 7:19:57 AM
OrgeLambart posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Piracy isn't rampant.

I'm sorry but most music people aren't complaining about Youtube, they complain about piracy where people can download the full length song in top quality and keep it for free. If you wanted to try the song you could easily watch it on Youtube as just about every major music act has their own official youtube page. Even many indie bands have boats loads of music on Youtube.

As for games, you have a point, too many games are lacking demos on the pc. I know if I could have tried a few games I wouldn't have purchased them that is for sure. Although stealing is stealing, no matter how you try to rationalize it, if you take something without paying you have stolen it.

For the record, you could just as easily download top quality songs off youtube.

The music industry adapted by going Itunes.

The movie industry refuses to adapt and wants to force everyone to stay their way.

Video games ***** and moan but in the end don't really care about piracy because they know it doesn't really hurt them. You've never heard of a video game developer suing a fan for piracy.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#19JKatarnPosted 10/11/2013 9:47:14 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
Piracy isn't rampant.

Yes, heaven forbid publishers (and subsequently the developers who do the brunt of the work and rely on game sales to put food on their table) expect people to pay the proper license fee for the untold manhours of work they put into a game. That is not to say every game is a gem, but...don't like it, don't buy it - you have no right to enjoy the fruits of others labor for free.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#20JKatarnPosted 10/11/2013 9:50:11 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Piracy isn't rampant.

For the record, you could just as easily download top quality songs off youtube.

The music industry adapted by going Itunes.

The movie industry refuses to adapt and wants to force everyone to stay their way.

Video games ***** and moan but in the end don't really care about piracy because they know it doesn't really hurt them. You've never heard of a video game developer suing a fan for piracy.

How delusional can you get...OF COURSE they care about piracy, why the hell do you think Steam is such a popular distribution platform? And why do Origin, UPlay, GFWL, Securom etc. even exist if game (publishers - don't confuse developers and publishers - publishers are the ones making policy decisions as they are the ones providing the funding for games) publishers don't care about piracy? Get a clue.
---