This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When I see people complain about humble bundles, I see why piracy is rampant.

#21Hi CPosted 10/11/2013 9:55:45 AM
JKatarn posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Piracy isn't rampant.

Little known fact: The music industry *****ed and moaned about radio when it first came out saying that them playing music on the radio would destroy the industry. It turns out that it boosted sales astronomically.

The only reason they ***** at all these days is because they want to delay the freedom of digital. The reason? They get licensing fees when only certain players can play their cds.

They know now what they figured out with the radio. Allowing people to access content unofficially actually boosts sales. Try before you buy just like any other market on earth since cavemen days.

They just don't want to lose the licensing fees because they are greedy little ********.

I'm sorry but most music people aren't complaining about Youtube, they complain about piracy where people can download the full length song in top quality and keep it for free. If you wanted to try the song you could easily watch it on Youtube as just about every major music act has their own official youtube page. Even many indie bands have boats loads of music on Youtube.

As for games, you have a point, too many games are lacking demos on the pc. I know if I could have tried a few games I wouldn't have purchased them that is for sure. Although stealing is stealing, no matter how you try to rationalize it, if you take something without paying you have stolen it.

For the record, you could just as easily download top quality songs off youtube.

The music industry adapted by going Itunes.

The movie industry refuses to adapt and wants to force everyone to stay their way.

Video games ***** and moan but in the end don't really care about piracy because they know it doesn't really hurt them. You've never heard of a video game developer suing a fan for piracy.

How delusional can you get...OF COURSE they care about piracy, why the hell do you think Steam is such a popular distribution platform? And why do Origin, UPlay, GFWL, Securom etc. even exist if game (publishers - don't confuse developers and publishers - publishers are the ones making policy decisions as they are the ones providing the funding for games) publishers don't care about piracy? Get a clue.

It's about controlling the consumer and controlling the rights over other businesses. Piracy is a red herring, something easy to play up because it resonates the most with their chosen narrative to the sheep.
---
You'll be my John G.
#22Tyranius2Posted 10/11/2013 10:06:51 AM
lionheart is ignorant as hell
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#23Ch3wyPosted 10/11/2013 10:10:42 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Piracy isn't rampant.

Little known fact: The music industry *****ed and moaned about radio when it first came out saying that them playing music on the radio would destroy the industry. It turns out that it boosted sales astronomically.

The only reason they ***** at all these days is because they want to delay the freedom of digital. The reason? They get licensing fees when only certain players can play their cds.

They know now what they figured out with the radio. Allowing people to access content unofficially actually boosts sales. Try before you buy just like any other market on earth since cavemen days.

They just don't want to lose the licensing fees because they are greedy little ********.

I'm sorry but most music people aren't complaining about Youtube, they complain about piracy where people can download the full length song in top quality and keep it for free. If you wanted to try the song you could easily watch it on Youtube as just about every major music act has their own official youtube page. Even many indie bands have boats loads of music on Youtube.

As for games, you have a point, too many games are lacking demos on the pc. I know if I could have tried a few games I wouldn't have purchased them that is for sure. Although stealing is stealing, no matter how you try to rationalize it, if you take something without paying you have stolen it.

For the record, you could just as easily download top quality songs off youtube.

The movie industry refuses to adapt and wants to force everyone to stay their way.

Video games ***** and moan but in the end don't really care about piracy because they know it doesn't really hurt them. You've never heard of a video game developer suing a fan for piracy.

Quality is generally **** if you rip it off youtube. You have a choice between a lossless file with lossy compressed quality, or a lossy compressed file that has been compressed twice. And that's assuming that they didn't use a lossy compressed file when they uploaded it.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#24JKatarnPosted 10/11/2013 3:11:02 PM
Hi C posted...
JKatarn posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
Piracy isn't rampant.

How delusional can you get...OF COURSE they care about piracy, why the hell do you think Steam is such a popular distribution platform? And why do Origin, UPlay, GFWL, Securom etc. even exist if game (publishers - don't confuse developers and publishers - publishers are the ones making policy decisions as they are the ones providing the funding for games) publishers don't care about piracy? Get a clue.

It's about controlling the consumer and controlling the rights over other businesses. Piracy is a red herring, something easy to play up because it resonates the most with their chosen narrative to the sheep.

Uh yeah....no....do you honestly think they'd go to the trouble/expense to license/create these DRM toolkits and platforms if it were just a matter of "controlling the consumer", if piracy were somehow non-existent and all those people pirating were just "demoers" who then go and buy a proper license (LOL!). Piracy is not a "red herring", IT IS THE ISSUE, lol, and anyone with half a brain can deduce that.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#25TheFeshPincePosted 10/11/2013 3:36:55 PM
DerPancake posted...
This is why poor people should be rejected from hospitals for being too poor.

This is a touchy subject. Also, illegals get free emergency healthcare in most states.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#26PhilOnDezPosted 10/11/2013 3:43:07 PM
synthetiksin posted...
I've literally never heard anyone complain about the humble bundle.

This. The closest to a complaint I've ever heard is "Stupid paypal won't go through!"
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#27gamerdude555Posted 10/11/2013 3:46:41 PM
Haha if you're complaining about piracy you don't live in the real world, nobody plays by the rules.
---
gamers paradise
#28lionheart5656Posted 10/11/2013 3:49:49 PM
JKatarn posted...

Uh yeah....no....do you honestly think they'd go to the trouble/expense to license/create these DRM toolkits and platforms if it were just a matter of "controlling the consumer", if piracy were somehow non-existent and all those people pirating were just "demoers" who then go and buy a proper license (LOL!). Piracy is not a "red herring", IT IS THE ISSUE, lol, and anyone with half a brain can deduce that.

You're delusional if you think that they spend more than 5 min on their DRM that gets cracked the same day it's released.

They have never ever found a way to stop piracy and they never will and they know it. The only concern they had with piracy was at the very beginning when they thought it would collapse their sales. Since then, everyone with half a brain knows that piracy actually increases sales. It's been shown a thousand times.

They use it as a pretext to control sheep like you which obviously works wonders. Look how hard you fight and how angry you get about something that doesn't affect you in the slightest. You are a sheep if ever I saw one.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#29BogePosted 10/11/2013 3:53:39 PM
I think it's more about expectations. I've seem people expecting extra games to show up later because that's normally how the humble bundles are handled. We've seen the EA bundle with some great games. We've seen the THQ bundle with some great games. So when we see a humble bundle that has some boring games, or one that doesn't add later, we're disappointed. They rose the bar for themselves. If they don't match their own level of quality, people start questioning what's up.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#30xlequltxPosted 10/11/2013 4:06:12 PM
So do people just interchange "want" and "entitled" when they want to be condescending?