This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ugh, just dealt with the FBI virus for the first time

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ugh, just dealt with the FBI virus for the first time
3 years ago#1
I let my step dad use my PC, and by "let" I mean I don't password protect it when I leave since I really don't do anything bad on it that I would want people not seeing. Now, I've never had a problem with him using it, I mean every time I get on after he has been on it the history is filled with prontube sites and such, but I just clear the history and act like I never saw anything.

Well today I get home from work and go to my PC and the FBI virus screen is up. I try booting into safe mode with networking, but it just logs me off the computer when I try that, so I ended up putting my win 7 disc in and restoring from a restore point from 2 weeks ago and then ran a full malwarebytes scan.

My question is now this. Is there anything else I need to do? My system seems clean again as malwarebytes did not detect anything from a full system scan
3 years ago#2
put a parental lock on the x rated sites next time he asks to use it...just for the irony...kinda like that south park episode the other week
Boycott Best Buy!
3 years ago#3
how do you tame a horse in minecraft?
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
3 years ago#4
What's it like knowing that your dad touched your mouse soon after touching his p****? Does it improve your bond?
Sager np9370 | Intel i7 3630qm | GTX 670m SLI | 12GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | 128GB SSD | 500GB HDD x2
3 years ago#5
DiehardFFv2 posted...
What's it like knowing that your dad touched your mouse soon after touching his p****? Does it improve your bond?

http://i.imgur.com/nSX2dRF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TBLXOk9.gif
http://i.imgur.com/KoWZGDV.png
3 years ago#6
DiehardFFv2 posted...

lmao
2500k @ 4.8ghz ~
3 years ago#7
Quote:What's it like knowing that your dad touched your mouse soon after touching his p****? Does it improve your bond?
@DiehardFFv2

Lol
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
3 years ago#8
CourtofOwls posted...
put a parental lock on the x rated sites next time he asks to use it...just for the irony...kinda like that south park episode the other week

Haha! That was a great episode. Way better than this week's.
3 years ago#9
nehukog posted...
My question is now this. Is there anything else I need to do?

Buy wet tissues to clean your mouse off.
CATS. That's about it honestly...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ugh, just dealt with the FBI virus for the first time

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived