This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any tips for antivirus ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any tips for antivirus ?

User Info: gamesisgood

gamesisgood
3 years ago#1
Built first pc last night and it came with the normal 60 days norton i dont plan to install ... i have downloaed windows security essenials but is there a good free antivirus available.
I have never really dabbed into antivirus too much because common sense normally overcomes but if there is one available that is worth it i would love to protect this investment... thanks alot
The Dude abides.

User Info: RolloverBouncin

RolloverBouncin
3 years ago#2
Pair the Windows essentials with malwarebytes for removals and add in superantispyware for deep malware scanning. Thats what I use mostly but instead of windows essentials I use webroot secureanywhere for the super fast web blocking sites that are red flags sometimes.

As always the best protection is common sense. Been virus free for 7 years.
Only two console brands on the market: Nintendo and Xboxstation. There used to be three, but sadly the PlayStation identity died with the PS2.
- Emerald_Melios

User Info: ShadowGomamon

ShadowGomamon
3 years ago#3
Well sometimes you can't avoid catching a virus, if she doesn't tell you beforehand.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any tips for antivirus ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived