This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your opinion on Linux?

#41GamersTavernPosted 10/11/2013 11:41:37 AM
Linux is cool.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#42atopp399Posted 10/11/2013 12:07:53 PM
It's nice for people who do not game. That's about it. Not good for anyone who is not good with computers.
#43ShippoyashaPosted 10/11/2013 12:08:09 PM
Great potential but it is meaningless without support. I am no master programmer to fix things myself. I wish I was.
---
Rest in Peace, my beloved dog and family member 1999-2011
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/mppi0/can_you_guess_the_gender/
#44Worknofun370Posted 10/11/2013 12:25:21 PM
I may be out of the loop because I'm just lucky... but what kinda of driver support issues really exist for Linux still? I'm sure there's a lot of stuff for Network Cards still, and the video card drivers aren't necessarily on par with Windows, but it's been a while since I've really had some major driver issues on Linux.
#45mrCubePosted 10/11/2013 12:38:32 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
I may be out of the loop because I'm just lucky... but what kinda of driver support issues really exist for Linux still? I'm sure there's a lot of stuff for Network Cards still, and the video card drivers aren't necessarily on par with Windows, but it's been a while since I've really had some major driver issues on Linux.

Mostly video drivers and wireless adapter drivers
---
---
#46Worknofun370Posted 10/11/2013 1:05:44 PM
mrCube posted...
Worknofun370 posted...

Mostly video drivers and wireless adapter drivers

Gotcha.

Welp, driver support is already night and day from what it was not that long ago. I'm probably just feeling spoiled from that :)
#47IronSasquatchPosted 10/11/2013 1:12:54 PM
I basically used Linux for a solid 8 month period during my senior year and I can honestly say that I really prefer Windows. I always get **** from Linux users for saying I don't like Linux, and even when I tell them that I've used it a good amount and tried a few different distros, they still insist that I just haven't given it enough time or don't know what I'm talking about.

I generally have had bad experiences with Linux users. Some of them, not all but some, act so superior just because they use Linux.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#48Orestes417Posted 10/11/2013 1:16:44 PM
Idiots exist for all platforms.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#49GoldninjaPosted 10/11/2013 1:20:41 PM
Needs better driver support. My sound card sounds loads better in Windows, for example. With hardware not being utilized to its potential in Linux, it's kind of a waste, so that's a major reason I switched back.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/ptxe9sf - River City Ransom Underground Kickstarter!
#50Worknofun370Posted 10/11/2013 1:21:10 PM
IronSasquatch posted...
I basically used Linux for a solid 8 month period during my senior year and I can honestly say that I really prefer Windows. I always get **** from Linux users for saying I don't like Linux, and even when I tell them that I've used it a good amount and tried a few different distros, they still insist that I just haven't given it enough time or don't know what I'm talking about.

I generally have had bad experiences with Linux users. Some of them, not all but some, act so superior just because they use Linux.

Most of the time, those are Linux n00bs. Not all the time, unfortunately, but in my experience at least it usually is some 14-20 year old kid that just started using it and truly thinks he's superior to a windows user because of it.