This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is my video card dying? :(

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is my video card dying? :(

User Info: DARQ MX

DARQ MX
3 years ago#1
So far this is what happened and I thought it was my brand new monitor. It could be bad drivers but I highly doubt it.

Last night about half the side of my Monitor got all weird fuzzy and purplish. I was like WTF? it was so random so I tried different cables to make sure it wasn't the cable and I switched it over to "replace" on my Samsung 40 inch and it looked fine there. So maybe it wasn't the monitor or cable.

I switched it back to the Asus keep in mind this monitor is like 2months old so its weird for this to happen but still possible and it did it again. I was thinking oh god I hope its not my video card cause switching it to the TV gave me the security it wasn't the monitor. I decided to restart it to see if it was a driver or video card issue and turning off on windows showed purplish.

I restarted it and it was STILL that color in windows. I was blown away. Than out of no where my Monitor went to sleep. I couldn't wake it up. I thought to myself that my video card just shaat the bed. Than I restarted again. Got video on POST so I was happy but I had to do a window fix error thing cause I force restarted at a bad time I guess. I would assume that the drive had an issue with something and monitor went to sleep but the driver could of halted.

Now after windows did it thing after 40mins. I came back and everything was fine.

I still thing it is dying. What should I do? I honestly never dealt with Sapphire before and I guess they are email only (I will never buy from a company again that doesn't have actual phone support in the future)

If I get a new one back I plan on selling it and getting a 770. At least I will be ready for battlefield 4.
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#2
DARQ MX posted...
I will never buy from a company again that doesn't have actual phone support in the future

good luck with that
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.

DARQ MX
3 years ago#3
wildog2006 posted...
DARQ MX posted...
I will never buy from a company again that doesn't have actual phone support in the future

good luck with that

How come?
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS

User Info: gastaman

gastaman
3 years ago#4
DARQ MX posted...
wildog2006 posted...
DARQ MX posted...

good luck with that

How come?

No more Steam for you???
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200

DARQ MX
3 years ago#5
gastaman posted...
DARQ MX posted...
wildog2006 posted...
DARQ MX posted...

good luck with that

How come?

No more Steam for you???

huh?

gastaman
3 years ago#6
DARQ MX posted...
gastaman posted...
DARQ MX posted...
wildog2006 posted...
DARQ MX posted...

good luck with that

How come?

No more Steam for you???

huh?

You said you wouldn't buy from a company again that doesn't have actual phone support. Valve offers no phone support for Steam. I was suggesting that you either wouldn't be buying anything from Steam anymore or you really aren't serious about never purchasing from a company that doesn't offer phone support again.
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi

DARQ MX
3 years ago#7
okay since when did Steam actually sell video cards tho? I don't care about software.

gastaman
3 years ago#8
Where did I say Steam sold video cards? You didn't say you wouldn't buy video cards from companies without phone support. You just said you wouldn't buy [anything] from a company without phone support.

Maybe you should have specified video cards then.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is my video card dying? :(

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived