This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So dmc was 50% an hour ago when I bought it, now it's 75% off.

#31TimePharaohPosted 10/17/2013 10:03:58 PM
Conker posted...
Oh, btw...DmC is a fun game, IMO. I got it for $20 the day it launched, so if you get it for cheap, don't listen to all the people saying "This or that DMC was better, not worth it, etc." It all depends on the price and if you like these games in general, because if you like any of the DMC style games, it's not vastly different.

lolwut
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#32KanokarePosted 10/17/2013 10:11:26 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Kanokare posted...
Why are you getting so hurt for? I'm guessing my post was directed at you. Either way, good job with reading comprehension.

"Of course there are valid opinions around. I just ignore the usual whiners that sound like 'omg capcpom doomed!' that they spout in 20 different topics."

I'm not the one attacking a strawman, baby boy.

You can call me baby boy if it makes you feel any better :( I'm gonna go back to some circle on NeoGAF I'm not aware of. Sounds like my kind of fun!
---
XBL / PSN / VITA / Steam ID - Kanokare
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming/videos
#33Chaos_MissilePosted 10/17/2013 10:49:01 PM
HaxnStash posted...
In hopes of not making a new topic, how's DMC 3 on PC? I have the ps2 version but I'm thinking of getting the PC version for higher resolution and well, have it on pc too.

Unless you mod it, there ISNT a higher resolution for the PC version.

IIRC Max is 1280 I believe.

Also, the control scheme is clearly meant for controllers(but not really ported well, I tried with a controller as well and I couldn't even map it properly in-game. Had to use Joy2Key to map half the controls) since it's nearly impossible to remap the keyboards.

To exit the game, you have to press the ESC button.

Just a few examples on the downsides of the port.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#34ConkerPosted 10/18/2013 3:23:59 AM
Conker posted...
don't listen to all the people saying "This or that DMC was better, not worth it, etc." It all depends on the price and if you like these games in general, because if you like any of the DMC style games, it's not vastly different.

This person obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. Don't listen to them.

I played through the first, and some of the 2nd and 3rd but never bothered to finish, and have the 4th on PC but have only played like 30 mins into it. I've also played through half of the new DmC, and I was talking about the gameplay not being vastly different, they're similar style/genre of games. It's not like it was a RE1 to RE4 difference.

Yes, the style as far as graphics, look and atmosphere of the games has changed a bit, but I figured we'd be talking more on the fun of the gameplay that is still there.

inb4yousayeverythingelseisalsowaydifferent
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#35TimePharaohPosted 10/18/2013 4:16:28 AM(edited)
Conker posted...
Conker posted...
don't listen to all the people saying "This or that DMC was better, not worth it, etc." It all depends on the price and if you like these games in general, because if you like any of the DMC style games, it's not vastly different.

This person obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. Don't listen to them.

I played through the first, and some of the 2nd and 3rd but never bothered to finish, and have the 4th on PC but have only played like 30 mins into it. I've also played through half of the new DmC, and I was talking about the gameplay not being vastly different, they're similar style/genre of games. It's not like it was a RE1 to RE4 difference.

Yes, the style as far as graphics, look and atmosphere of the games has changed a bit, but I figured we'd be talking more on the fun of the gameplay that is still there.

So you've played basically one and a half of the games, but felt your opinion was valid? They're nowhere near the same, unless you're the kind of person who's going to say COD, Counter Strike, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R are all the same game.

It's ironic you're making the claim that the gameplay is the same (even though you haven't played half the games) when that's literally the biggest complaint with the new one, how gutted and shallow the combat system is. Which, of course, you'd know if you actually played them all.

Don't make statements like "they're all the same" when you have literally no basis to make it, because you haven't played half the games, and half the ones you did play....you barely played them. It's hard to take you serious (but don't worry, we didn't). There's also the fact that DMC4 is a terrible game by design, because it was super awesome to only have half a game but get to play through the mediocrity twice. Lol @ saying "don't listen to the people say one is better than the other, I've only beaten one and played through half of another one you should listen to me instead". What a hilariously obnoxious thing to say.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#36SlaynPosted 10/18/2013 4:24:19 AM
The 4th game runs EXCELLENT on my PC, I was running at 120 fps solid 1440p, no frame drops.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#37ConkerPosted 10/18/2013 6:46:34 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
Conker posted...
Conker posted...

So you've played basically one and a half of the games, but felt your opinion was valid? They're nowhere near the same, unless you're the kind of person who's going to say COD, Counter Strike, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R are all the same game.

It's ironic you're making the claim that the gameplay is the same (even though you haven't played half the games) when that's literally the biggest complaint with the new one, how gutted and shallow the combat system is. Which, of course, you'd know if you actually played them all.

Don't make statements like "they're all the same" when you have literally no basis to make it, because you haven't played half the games, and half the ones you did play....you barely played them. It's hard to take you serious (but don't worry, we didn't). There's also the fact that DMC4 is a terrible game by design, because it was super awesome to only have half a game but get to play through the mediocrity twice. Lol @ saying "don't listen to the people say one is better than the other, I've only beaten one and played through half of another one you should listen to me instead". What a hilariously obnoxious thing to say.

ROFL, I knew you'd try to invalidate my opinion of gameplay by stating I only played hours into some games of the series versus through the entirety of every one of the games (and as a correction to your general BS estimation of my playing...I played through 1, a fair bit into 2 and 3, and only an hour or so playing around with 4). As if it changes so drastically halfway through to the end in every one of these games. Sorry but that's BS and a pathetic way to try and argue against my statements that fit in-line with the majority of sentiments about the new DmC from plenty of series veterans.

And don't put words in my mouth when I never said they're all the same...seriously, learn some f***ing reading comprehension before you spout trash. I said if the price is right, ignore the "this one is better than this one" people since you could still play the rest of the series and they aren't vastly different. They aren't, it's a fact. That doesn't mean there aren't differences, just so you know.

With that said, you've yet to prove how the whole series is so vastly different and why it's relevant to ignore DmC if it's cheap. Also, nice (as in pathetic) comparison to someone not knowing differences in entirely different style of shooters. Might as well bring up Quake and ARMA next. Completely different than comparing a series that may have changed in some aspects, but retained many similarities in action and combat style. Even if it is easier, you're ignoring that it's the same type of action.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#38sonicteam2k1Posted 10/18/2013 6:59:12 AM
animanganime posted...
The new one is terrible, and you shouldn't have bought it.

Buy 4, and only 4.

The only ones worth playing are 1 and 3 to be honest

DMC1 is a joke compared to today's standards. I can see the appeal when released but i finished it about 6 or so months ago and the game was trash. Has not aged well at all.

DMC2 is worse, black hole of DMC games.

DMC3 is a pretty good game, the best probably overall (DO NOT! buy the PC version though)

DMC4, again pretty good game. The best combat wise, just incomplete.

DmC, again pretty good game, best writing in the series, but that's not saying much. the DMC games before it have crap stories.

I would probably rank them..

DMC3

DmC/DMC4

DMC1

DMC2
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#39ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/18/2013 8:08:01 AM(edited)
Conker posted...
As if it changes so drastically halfway through to the end in every one of these games.

It's not that it changes. It's that you eventually get good and discover the depth of the gameplay. The fact that you don't know that makes your opinion invalid.

sonicteam2k1 posted...
DmC, again pretty good game, best writing in the series

It doesn't have best writing. It's worse than bad. It's cringe inducingly awful. It's also not "pretty good" and it's not on par with DMC4, which has the best gameplay in the series.

Nor is it even on par with DMC1.
#40ciraMegaSPosted 10/18/2013 8:18:29 AM(edited)
Why the heck are you people talking to ShadowThaReaper?

Both ShadowThaReaper and TimePharaoh should be on everyone's ignore list. My experience on this forum improved when I did this months ago.
---
Black