This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why youtube why?

#1DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/11/2013 11:00:48 AM
Why would you put subscription activity in the "what to watch" section, and take out the "recommended for you" block?!
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#2runromPosted 10/11/2013 11:02:12 AM
One sec, gonna ask Eric Schmidt.
---
MBP 2009 | Intel i5 3570k + Powercolor 7870 Myst | HP Touchpad 32gb CM9 | MyTouch4g running 4.1
Now part of the 500 posts club.
#3KillerTrufflePosted 10/11/2013 11:07:57 AM
My biggest complaint is that they suddenly started e-mailing me suggested videos to watch out of nowhere. I never changed any settings that said "please spam my inbox with videos I couldn't care less about"...

Then there's the fact that they suddenly decided to force you to tie your Youtube account to your Google+ account - something I absolutely don't care for.

Google is honestly pushing too far in things now. They're starting to piss me off a bit.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4KarnRX78Posted 10/11/2013 11:15:19 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
My biggest complaint is that they suddenly started e-mailing me suggested videos to watch out of nowhere. I never changed any settings that said "please spam my inbox with videos I couldn't care less about"...

Then there's the fact that they suddenly decided to force you to tie your Youtube account to your Google+ account - something I absolutely don't care for.

Google is honestly pushing too far in things now. They're starting to piss me off a bit.

Yeah it is starting to get out of hand I think.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#5bmn2013Posted 10/11/2013 11:31:18 AM
I care.
#6silveryounglinkPosted 10/11/2013 2:52:11 PM
KillerTruffle posted...

I agree, this is terrible. Every time I log in it harasses me and tries to tie accounts together.
#7MyExtraAccountPosted 10/11/2013 2:54:48 PM
silveryounglink posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

I agree, this is terrible. Every time I log in it harasses me and tries to tie accounts together.

My god, the first time I encountered that screen I had no idea how to exit it.

I felt like somebody pushed me into a corner and asked me to tell them my name or else I couldn't watch videos.
---
The official Tsun of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
#8TropicMoon10Posted 10/11/2013 2:56:21 PM
Google is slowly beginning operation: Skynet.

We're doomed.
---
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#9GGscrubPosted 10/11/2013 2:56:58 PM
I never clicked anything but now when i login in youtube it auto login me in google. Pisses me off so much -__-
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-HDUBbtgQ
#10KillerTrufflePosted 10/11/2013 3:37:50 PM
Imagine my surprise when I posted a new Youtube video and got a reply on G+. I don't recall ever actually clicking "OK" to merge the accounts.

I've been pushing people I keep in touch with to switch from Facebook to Google+ because you have more control over what you post and see and stuff, but with Google's recent moves, I'm really not so sure. They're rapidly becoming as bad as Facebook.

Most recent development is that now, unless you dig into your options and tell it *not* to, Google is going to start using your name and picture in its ads - particularly in ones it customizes for people who may know you. You have to opt out to keep it from happening.

Granted, that's still more control than Facebook gives you, which is better, but that's like saying an OC spray enema is better than having your bowels ripped out.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23