This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Controller Demo Video

#11CC RicersPosted 10/11/2013 11:37:31 AM
It could just be that settings for the "joystick pads" are not sensitive enough. I'm sure this will let you configure how sensitive the movement is like you can with a mouse.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#12SinisterSlayPosted 10/11/2013 11:37:48 AM
Dartkun posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Them using it in that shooting game looked pathetic, he missed constantly and took forever to aim.
I suck at FPS and I still would have effortlessly cleared the rooms with a real mouse.

It looked slow to me as well, but it might be a mix of things, probably still not perfectly acclimated to the controller, and I think he was showing accuracy instead of speed. Although he did miss 1 shot...

I'm counting the times he stopped right next to the target, then slowly moved over to be able to hit the target.

A good marksmen on the mouse stops exactly on target.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#13SinisterSlayPosted 10/11/2013 11:39:44 AM
Garquille14 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Them using it in that shooting game looked pathetic, he missed constantly and took forever to aim.
I suck at FPS and I still would have effortlessly cleared the rooms with a real mouse.

try comparing your time with a mouse compared to his time with that controller

I don't have that game, and I never will since I hate first person shooting games, and especially first person war shooting games.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#14Rexdragon125Posted 10/11/2013 11:42:02 AM
Oh my God, it's worse than using thumbsticks on a FPS. You can't even turn continuously by pressing to the side. How could they think this is a good idea?
#15CC RicersPosted 10/11/2013 11:43:00 AM
Portal games are anything but typical first person shooters, certainly not war shooters. It's a mix of shooting and puzzle platforming.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#16youngfossilPosted 10/11/2013 11:51:04 AM
Cool
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#17KillerTrufflePosted 10/11/2013 12:19:57 PM
Rexdragon125 posted...
Oh my God, it's worse than using thumbsticks on a FPS. You can't even turn continuously by pressing to the side. How could they think this is a good idea?

You can't turn continuously by pushing your mouse a certain distance to one side either. You're still making the mistake of comparing this to analog sticks.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#18Rexdragon125Posted 10/11/2013 12:22:59 PM
Yes but I can turn way more than 360 degrees without lifting my mouse. He could only turn like 40? I can't believe I have to explain this to a forum full of PC gamers.
#19sonicteam2k1Posted 10/11/2013 12:24:25 PM
tag
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#20Orestes417Posted 10/11/2013 12:26:08 PM
It looks like there's some sort of acceleration going on in the turning in the space between lifting the thumb and resetting it. That would get real annoying real fast if it's the case. Then again having to lift and reposition that often would get real old real fast regardless.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.